Image Failure--Not enough disk space--Reflect did not purge old image before backup

Image Failure--Not enough disk space--Reflect did not purge old image...
Author
cycler2
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using Reflect V. 6.3.1852 on my Windows 10 (April update) computer and am having difficulty imaging 2.1 TB of data from several internal drives to my external 3.0 TB backup drive.  The external drive now holds my previous 2.0 TB image, but I have checked the "purge" before backup box, as I have successfully done in the past.  Apparently, Reflect does not perform the purge.  Instead it reports "not enough disk space" or words to that effect.  I have had no trouble imaging my drives before to the same external drive and am puzzled by this new error report.
I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Thanks in advance,
Rich​​​
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.6K reputation)
If you recently updated to the latest release of Windows 10, you may be having this issue.  You can either change your backup set matching policy to "All backup sets in the destination", which you should only do if the destination folder stores only backups generated by that one backup job, or else manually purge some old backups.

Edited 30 May 2018 6:36 PM by jphughan
cycler2
cycler2
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
jphughan - 30 May 2018 6:33 PM
If you recently updated to the latest release of Windows 10, you may be having this issue.  You can either change your backup set matching policy to "All backup sets in the destination", which you should only do if the destination folder stores only backups generated by that one backup job, or else manually purge some old backups.

Thanks for your reply, jphughan, and the link.  In fact I did just updat Windows and it has caused me no end of grief.  I will try the fix in the page you linked.
Rich

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...