Hypothetical questions re restoring.

Author
Virginia McGovern
Talented Member
Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)Talented Member (100 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I suspect know this wouldn’t work but if I were having major problems with Windows & decided to clean install, if I then restored the backup image created before the clean install would that restore the Windows problem?

Could you use the restore to a new PC feature to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Your assumption is correct.  Your System image restoration is a complete image in time... that's what you get from a restoration, no merging type restoration.  You may do a Clean Install then MOUNT that pre CI image and bring some files over if you need to, but that can get dicey if you're trying to get back fully functional programs and all their SETTINGs.

Edited 30 May 2018 1:33 PM by Froggie
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...