Intra-daily scheduling: it seems Windows Task Scheduler would support an implementation

Intra-daily scheduling: it seems Windows Task Scheduler would support...
Author
Ken_NC
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Intra-daily scheduling was mentioned as a feature in V7, but it didn't materialize. I currently use that feature that in a competing product to run a Full on Sunday, followed by Incrementals every 15 minutes for the rest of the week, and then repeating starting with another Full. I was really hoping to migrate over to Macrium, so I was disappointed when the feature did not appear in V7.

Trying to brute-force it with multiple incremental jobs is no fun....I gave up on it.

In several forum topics when this feature was mentioned, the limiting factor was mentioned as being Windows Task Scheduler:
https://forum.macrium.com/Topic21893.aspx
https://forum.macrium.com/Topic21944.aspx

However, it appears to me that Task Scheduler now supports such scheduling in Win10. Here, I believe, is an example of 15-minute scheduling.

I really really would like to see intra-daily scheduling implemented in Macrium so I can abandon my current imaging software, and migrate over.

Edited 26 May 2018 2:38 PM by Ken_NC
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
@Ken_NC, indeed this was a promised feature "shortly after the initial release of v7"... sadly, it never happened, and completely without explanation from Macrium.

Most of the discussions concerning this feature's non-existance, as far as I am concerned, have been fairly bogus.  There's no reason why this couldn't have been implemented under the Windows 10 Task Sheduler v2.  Possibly Macrium has reconsidered using the WTS v2 and instead will implement their own scheduler accordingly... but there's been absolutely no comment from the Macrium side of the house concerning this issue since the initial pre v7 promise.  For me, silence on a promised feature ("...a few weeks following the release") for over 15-months is really not acceptable.  If they don't wanna do it they should say so... if they do, what's the issue holding it back?

Hopefully Macrium may be able to provide some comment following your inquiry above.

PS- I, myself, have never moved to v7 on one of my main Systems primarily due to the absence of this feature.  I also know of many v6 customers who haven't migrated over to v7 primarily due to this issue alone.  I would also think that Server admins would find an intra-daily option very useful in tightly time controlled environments.
Edited 27 July 2018 3:23 PM by Froggie
Heartborne
Heartborne
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Indeed, this is definitely needed. Unfortunately I "only" have v7...

What does the Macrium team have to say about this lacking feature?
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Heartborne - 27 July 2018 2:40 PM
What does the Macrium team have to say about this lacking feature?

Well... so far SILENCE since February 2017.  I, too, wish they would at least respond to this issue.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...