Moved the Documents Folder

Author
seagreen
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
And I need to point Macrium Reflect to the new location for the .xml file so that the backups will run. 
I can't find the answer in a forum search nor can I find a way to do it in the program itself.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much. 
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
I don’t know if there’s a way to “re-link” them, but you can just delete the existing definition file entry inside Reflect, then click the Add button (green circle with the + icon) and select the definition file in the new location. Then you’ll just need to recreate your schedules.
seagreen
seagreen
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
jphughan - 19 May 2018 8:23 PM
I don’t know if there’s a way to “re-link” them, but you can just delete the existing definition file entry inside Reflect, then click the Add button (green circle with the + icon) and select the definition file in the new location. Then you’ll just need to recreate your schedules.

Thanks - got it. Smile
seagreen
seagreen

I'm afraid that I am STILL wrestling with this issue. 
I can't figure out how to delete the existing definition file entry inside Reflect. 
The XML file runs correctly if I access it in the new location but when Macrium tries to run it automatically as scheduled it fails . 

Of course, that is not where the Documents folder is anymore and I can't find anywhere within Macrium itself to get rid of that instruction.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
Click the Scheduled Backups tab all the way on the right of the Reflect interface.  Any Reflect jobs will be listed there.  Delete the ones pointing to the wrong definition file.  If you don't see them there, you'll need to go directly into Windows Task Scheduler and select the Task Scheduler Library folder.  The names of all Reflect jobs begin with "Macrium".

Edited 24 May 2018 9:58 PM by jphughan
seagreen
seagreen
seagreen - 24 May 2018 9:53 PM

I'm afraid that I am STILL wrestling with this issue. 
I can't figure out how to delete the existing definition file entry inside Reflect. 
The XML file runs correctly if I access it in the new location but when Macrium tries to run it automatically as scheduled it fails . 

Of course, that is not where the Documents folder is anymore and I can't find anywhere within Macrium itself to get rid of that instruction.

Just to be clear I have only one task under Backup Definition files (and it is in the correct place) but that isn't (apparently) the one Macrium tries to run.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
See my post above. Smile  Technically what's going on is that there's still a scheduled task within Windows Task Scheduler that says "Tell Reflect to run this definition file", and since that doesn't exist, Reflect is logging an error that it was asked to run a non-existent definition file.

Edited 24 May 2018 10:06 PM by jphughan
seagreen
seagreen
jphughan - 24 May 2018 10:05 PM
See my post above. Smile  Technically what's going on is that there's still a scheduled task within Windows Task Scheduler that says "Tell Reflect to run this definition file", and since that doesn't exist, Reflect is logging an error that it was asked to run a non-existent definition file.

I guess I'm not being clear.  There is only ONE scheduled task listed under scheduled tasks tab and that is the right one--the one it should be running. 
There is nothing else there to delete.
Macrium is still trying to run the wrong definition file.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Ok, then check Windows Task Scheduler as I also suggested. Select the “Task Scheduler Library” in the left column, then look for tasks beginning with “Macrium” in the center area; you don’t have to go through the subfolders of the Task Scheduler Library, FYI. It sounds like there’s still a scheduled task in Windows that’s trying to have Reflect run a non-existent definition file. Maybe Reflect’s tab only shows tasks that call definition files that are “registered” in the Backup Definition Files tab? But whatever is going on there, the fact that Reflect doesn’t show the offending task doesn’t mean there isn’t one configured. Again, the scheduled tasks are technically part of WINDOWS, not Reflect. Reflect just gives you a way to create and manage them.
Edited 25 May 2018 9:20 PM by jphughan
seagreen
seagreen
jphughan - 25 May 2018 9:18 PM
Ok, then check Windows Task Scheduler as I also suggested. Select the “Task Scheduler Library” in the left column, then look for tasks beginning with “Macrium” in the center area; you don’t have to go through the subfolders of the Task Scheduler Library, FYI. It sounds like there’s still a scheduled task in Windows that’s trying to have Reflect run a non-existent definition file. Maybe Reflect’s tab only shows tasks that call definition files that are “registered” in the Backup Definition Files tab? But whatever is going on there, the fact that Reflect doesn’t show the offending task doesn’t mean there isn’t one configured. Again, the scheduled tasks are technically part of WINDOWS, not Reflect. Reflect just gives you a way to create and manage them.

There are three entries for Macrium in the Task Scheduler Library.  They are the three (grandfather, father, son) tasks that I have scheduled.  They reference the .xml file that is located on the E drive (which is the correct one).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...