BSOD after updating to version 1.7.3196 from version 1.7.2917

Author
Antares
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've been away from home and my desktop computer for the past month.  Thus, my tardiness in installing the latest (several) changes to Reflect.  After performing the subject update, I restarted the system which resulted (and continues to result) in a BSOD that identifies the culprit as MRIGFLT.SYS and explains: "The driver uploaded without cancelling pending operations."

Not surprisingly, I found this driver in the \Windows\System32\Drivers folder.  Not surprisingly, the Date Modified was 5-13-2018 (Today, of course.)  At the risk of stating the obvious, I'm currently running in Safe Mode.  In any case, how do I fix this problem in a reasonably straightforward manner?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hopefully Macrium can determine underlying cause and prevent this from happening to others, but the first thing I would try as a workaround is uninstalling Reflect and then reinstalling the latest version directly (use the Reflect download agent to get it, link below), since that can cure issues that either occur after updating or persist after updating even though the new release is meant to fix the issue. The uninstaller defaults to retaining your settings, schedules, logs, etc., all of which are fine to keep for these purposes, so it’s pretty painless.

Download agent link: http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/reflectdlfull.exe
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)Macrium Representative (206 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Antares,

In order to diagnose what his happening, we will need to collect some more information.

When a BSoD occurs, Windows generates a crash dump file that describes the state of the computer at the moment the crash occured.

​​This file should be located in the C:\Windows\minidump folder.

Please can you open a support ticket at https://www.macrium.com/support and send us this file?

Kind Regards,
Macrium Support​​​
​​

​​

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...