rescuepe.log on J:

Author
LWing
Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For the longest time (like forever) I have an external hard drive for backup purposes the is only connected when I need to run backups. Usually it is powered off but when powered on it always starts up as J:\MyDrive. I last did some backups a couple days ago.  Today I couldn't access drive J: and found that it had been assigned to K:. I went to control panel and was going to reassign to J but there was no J available. I did find J but it is named Data and has only one file, rescuepe.log dated 5/15/2016. The contents of the log indicate it's created by MR. I can't find where MR hijacked (fair word?) drive J.

How do I get rid of this assignment so I get drive J back?
Why did it show up now when the files are dated 5/15/2016?

Windows 10, MR 7.1.3196

edit - added log contents
Here's the contents of the log. Marcrium Reflect v6?

Macrium Reflect Boot Log
------------------------

Started 5/15/2016 5:16 PM v6.1.1225

DrvLoad: Successfully loaded x:\drivers\Network\VEN_10EC_DEV_8168\rt64win7.inf.
DrvLoad: Successfully loaded x:\drivers\Network\VEN_168C_DEV_0032\athrx.inf.
DrvLoad: Successfully loaded x:\drivers\USB\VEN_8086_DEV_8C31\iusb3xhc.inf.
DrvLoad: Unable to load x:\drivers\Network\VEN_168C_DEV_0032\netvwifibus.inf (Error 0xe000022f).
DrvLoad: Successfully loaded x:\drivers\USB\Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub\iusb3hub.inf.

Edited 9 May 2018 4:57 PM by LWing
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
What do you mean you "found" J?  Is there some other device that you can see under This PC / My Computer that's assigned J?  If so, what is it?  Right-click it, select Properties, and then go to the Hardware tab to get a sense of what it might be.  If you "found" J somewhere else, where was that?  If you can't disconnect whatever device is currently using J, then you should at least be able to go into Disk Management, reassign the device currently using J to some other letter, and then assign your K drive to J.

Edited 9 May 2018 5:54 PM by jphughan
LWing
LWing
Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)Junior Member (79 reputation)
The log file had been assigned J but when I went to Disk Management there was no J and trying to change the MyDrive assignment from K: didn't have J as an option. I also checked in file explorer for information and all it said was "Data" and the log file. No options to disconnect. Why a file dated 2016 would show up in 2018 as a drive I have no idea.

It may be all be mute. I just finished updating Windows 10 to 1803 and now J is not being used. Windows still assigned the drive to K but I've been able to change to J without any problems.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...