Getting charged for V6 support when I'm using V7

Author
Gerald Fay
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Last year I upgraded to version 7 from 6. But I still get charged for V6 support is this correct?

Order Ref:      132022959
Name:           Gerald Fay
Company:        OIMA

​​

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)
Support to my knowledge isn’t tied to a specific release; it’s just “Macrium Reflect support” that is tied to a specific license, which can receive upgrades to newer releases if one arrives while the support contract is active. And actually V6 is no longer supported anyway (officially) since it’s now been more than a year since V7 launched.
Edited 22 April 2018 1:39 PM by jphughan
Gerald Fay
Gerald Fay
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
I take it the new support license should work with version 7, as that license is scheduled to expire in 3 days?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)
Did you buy V7 as a separate transaction?  If you had active support for a non-Home version of Reflect V6 when V7 launched, then you should have gotten a free V7 upgrade key just from that, per this page, in which case you shouldn't have separate V6 and V7 support contracts.  If you're using Reflect Home, then whether you get a free or discounted upgrade depends on when you purchased V6, but Home licenses also don't allow support renewals, so it sounds like you're not running Home.  But either way, you shouldn't have multiple support contracts active for a single Reflect installation.  If that's what you currently have, then if your V6 license support has just automatically renewed, I would assume you can let the V7 license support lapse and still be covered, but you may want to contact support at macrium dot com to have them confirm and possibly sort this out, e.g. associating your recent V6 license renewal with your new V7 key if that was purchased separately.  Support options and perks are detailed on this page.

Edited 23 April 2018 9:36 PM by jphughan
Gerald Fay
Gerald Fay
jphughan - 23 April 2018 9:22 PM
Did you buy V7 as a separate transaction?  If you had active support for a non-Home version of Reflect V6 when V7 launched, then you should have gotten a free V7 upgrade key just from that, per this page, in which case you shouldn't have separate V6 and V7 support contracts.  If you're using Reflect Home, then whether you get a free or discounted upgrade depends on when you purchased V6, but Home licenses also don't allow support renewals, so it sounds like you're not running Home.  But either way, you shouldn't have multiple support contracts active for a single Reflect installation.  If that's what you currently have, then if your V6 license support has just automatically renewed, I would assume you can let the V7 license support lapse and still be covered, but you may want to contact support at macrium dot com to have them confirm and possibly sort this out, e.g. associating your recent V6 license renewal with your new V7 key if that was purchased separately.  Support options and perks are detailed on this page.
For some reason Macrium had me renew my support early in Feb 2017 to guarantee V7 upgrade, but that renewal covered me up until now.(April 2018)
It is still registered as V6 support renewal and appears to be working fine in V7, as my license is up to date, and I have just downloaded an upgrade to V7
Just confused as to why it keeps saying V6 support and yet the license key is a V7 license.

Apr 2016

9067XXXX

Macrium
Reflect v6 - Workstation

Renewal
of Macrium Reflect v6.0 Workstation annual support

Active

Active

Expires 22 Apr 2017

Feb 2017

1078XXXX

Renewal

Active

Active

Expires 22 Apr 2018

I've hidden the last 4 numbers of the transaction for safety.

Thank you

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Gerald Fay - 27 April 2018 11:56 PM
jphughan - 23 April 2018 9:22 PM
For some reason Macrium had me renew my support early in Feb 2017 to guarantee V7 upgrade, but that renewal covered me up until now.(April 2018)
It is still registered as V6 support renewal and appears to be working fine in V7, as my license is up to date, and I have just downloaded an upgrade to V7
Just confused as to why it keeps saying V6 support and yet the license key is a V7 license.

Apr 2016

9067XXXX

Macrium
Reflect v6 - Workstation

Renewal

Active

Active

Expires 22 Apr 2017

Feb 2017

1078XXXX

Renewal

Active

Active

Expires 22 Apr 2018

I've hidden the last 4 numbers of the transaction for safety.

Thank you

Hi

Thanks for posting and apologies for the confusion.

The version number in the renewal is misleading and shouldn't be there. Support covers the version you have upgraded to. We will ensure that the name is corrected going forward.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...