Backup type in Windows File Explorer Columns

Author
rebop
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Until today when I viewed my stored backup in Windows File Explorer (10) showing details, I have a column that showed Full, Incremental or D (forgot what D stood for - momentary lapse). After this mornings Windows 10 updates, that is gone.

How can i get it back?

Thanks!

~Bob

rebop
rebop
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
OK, read more and Backup Method and Backup Comment are no longer choices for columns. So now the question is how to restore these choices.

Thx.

rebop
rebop
Froggie - 19 April 2018 12:19 AM
rebop, if you <right-click> any of your column headers then select "More...," you will be offered all options available (CheckBoxes) for that type of file.  "Backup method" is the option for FULL/DIFF/INC...

PS- Windows 10 is a killer...w00t

Thanks. And indeed after today;s Windows 10 updates that is no longer in the list. Would love it back.

~Bob

Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
rebop, if they're still missing, use this LINK to restore... good luck!
Edited 19 April 2018 12:31 AM by Froggie
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Curious, was your W10 "update" actually a major update to v1803, the Spring Creator's Edition?
rebop
rebop
Froggie - 19 April 2018 12:42 AM
Curious, was your W10 "update" actually a major update to v1803, the Spring Creator's Edition?

No, Spring has been held back due to a Bluescreen issue. This is now:

1709 build: 16299.371

KB4093112 seems to have been the culprit.

Trying the link now. Seems like it should work so unless I come back to post failure, that did it. So thanks in advance.

I wonder what other shell extensions this might have broken?

~Bob

rebop
rebop
1803 removed them again. Along with numerous other registry entries and customizations. I hate Microsoft.

Froggie
Froggie
Master
Microsoft may be bad, but what you need to despise most is Windows 10.  It plays havoc with most Systems (as you have found out) and is at its most invasive as the time line moves on.

I just don't trust it any longer... (LINUX Mint is coming... and it's almost there).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...