failed to rename error

Author
Merlin
Talented Member
Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

One of my servers is getting a "failed to rename" error, and the image file remains as a .tmp file, but I got a success email and it verified OK. It's backing up to an RDX.

Edited 6 March 2018 3:13 PM by Merlin
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Merlin - 6 March 2018 3:00 PM

One of my servers is getting a "failed to rename" error, and the image file remains as a .tmp file, but I got a success email and it verified OK. It's backing up to an RDX.

Hi Merlin

Thanks for posting

Do you have image guardian installed on the target network share?
Is that v7 of Reflect running the backup or v6? What build?
Did the file get renamed to .mrimg after the 5th attempt or did it remain .mrimg.tmp?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 6 March 2018 8:54 PM by Nick
Merlin
Merlin
Talented Member
Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)Talented Member (152 reputation)
Hey Nick.
Thanks for the reply. (I also submitted a ticket by the way).
V7.1.2917. I just upgraded from V6 recently.
File didn't get renamed. Still .tmp.
How is MIG installed on the network share? Is it done during the upgrade installation and reboot? What should I check?

I was getting errors from my other server imaging to both its USB and common RDX earlier today, so I turned MIG off and back on, on that server, and my last image to the RDX worked.
Should I try turning MIG off and back on on this server's settings and run an image and see what happens?
Edited 6 March 2018 9:28 PM by Merlin
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.7K reputation)
Merlin - 6 March 2018 8:59 PM
Hey Nick.
Thanks for the reply. (I also submitted a ticket by the way).
V7.1.2917. I just upgraded from V6 recently.
File didn't get renamed. Still .tmp.
How is MIG installed on the network share? Is it done during the upgrade installation and reboot? What should I check?

I was getting errors from my other server imaging to both its USB and common RDX earlier today, so I turned MIG off and back on, on that server, and my last image to the RDX worked.
Should I try turning MIG off and back on on this server's settings and run an image and see what happens?

There might be a problem with the MIG installation on the PC hosting the network share. If the MIG service isn't running then the driver will block. Can you open Reflect on the shared PC and check the MIG settings by taking 'Other Tasks' > 'Macrium Image Guardian Settings'?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Merlin
Merlin
Talented Member
It's on.
It was before also, but I turned it off and back on, and my last image (incremental) to the RDX from my main server worked.
I checked the Events tab on the MIG settings and there were 4 errors:
3 were: blocked unauthorized process accessing the folder on the RDX, and 1 was: Error protecting USB, error code 160.
The issue in this forum post is for my secondary (fax) server. Should I turn MIG off and back on on that MR settings and try it again?
Or since I turned MIG off and back on on the main server MR and the image after that worked, should I just try an image on the fax server to the RDX and see if it works?
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Merlin - 6 March 2018 10:03 PM
It's on.
It was before also, but I turned it off and back on, and my last image (incremental) to the RDX from my main server worked.
I checked the Events tab on the MIG settings and there were 4 errors:
3 were: blocked unauthorized process accessing the folder on the RDX, and 1 was: Error protecting USB, error code 160.
The issue in this forum post is for my secondary (fax) server. Should I turn MIG off and back on on that MR settings and try it again?
Or since I turned MIG off and back on on the main server MR and the image after that worked, should I just try an image on the fax server to the RDX and see if it works?

Try the image again and also can you open a support ticket so we can check the service logs:

https://www.macrium.com/support

Thanks

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Merlin
Merlin
Talented Member
Ticket 20065.
Failed to rename again, and verified OK. .tmp remained.
MIG turned off and back on on my fax server. Image running again to test.

Was "successful" with another error.
That RDX is available. The main server imaged to it an hour prior and had no issues.

Edited 7 March 2018 1:03 AM by Merlin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...