Scheduled full disk image running twice

Author
jasmoo
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a monthly full disk image (backup) running twice, one right after the other, the second one unscheduled. Schedule is as follows:

On the first Sunday of the month a full image runs at 6;00am and completes about 6:55am. Then a second full image starts at 7:00am and completes about 7:55am. The logs say these are both full images. Both are run out of the same definition file.

Incremental - every day except Sun
Differential - every Sunday at 6:00 am
Full - first Sunday of month at 6:00am
My understanding is the full preempts the differential, which seems to be the case, in that the second problem image is full not differential.
There are three scheduled tasks in the Windows 10 task scheduler.: incremental, differential, full.

FYI the incremental images are scheduled for 7:00am every day except Sunday.

Is the preemption (simultaneous scheduling) causing a problem? Is there another way I should do this? Any thoughts?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
You've set up your schedules correctly for what you're trying to achieve; something isn't working, and there's another thread about this same issue here.  Macrium just asked that user to submit a support ticket, so you may want to do the same and link to your own thread here as well as that one.

jasmoo
jasmoo
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
jphughan - 4 March 2018 10:46 PM
You've set up your schedules correctly for what you're trying to achieve; something isn't working, and there's another thread about this same issue here.  Macrium just asked that user to submit a support ticket, so you may want to do the same and link to your own thread here as well as that one.

Thank you. Will do as you suggest soon as I can.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...