Questions on transfering Master/Slave HDD's to SSD?

Author
scottls59901
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I purchased 2 500gb Samsung 860 EVO SSD's- 1 for my OS ( C: Master), and the other for my Slave (E: data backups, and F: where my MR backups are)-
Samsung has a recommended Data Transfer utility (HDD to SSD) that my computer Tech is going to use (the Drivers..., are Very confusing to me!).

Do I need to uninstall my MR ( Lic...) first, or transfer as is (setup, and getting MR fully Trusted by my Bitdefender IS AV, took days)?
Per Samsung- I will make C:/E: backups first, in case transfer fails, and don't want to uninstall MR just in case...

Anything else would be appreciated...?

Win7 32bit
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you own Reflect, I'm not sure why you would rather use the Samsung tool instead of just performing the clone within Reflect, but although you shouldn't have to deactivate your Reflect installation beforehand, it can't hurt.  It's easy to reactivate again either on the new drives or on the original drives if the clone fails.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...