Consolidate Error "Failed to retrieve file handle"

Author
PB2017
Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

Last night I consolidated all my incrementals into the Full Backup 00-00 and Incrementals have started again from 01-01​

When I tried to consolidate them this morning I got an error....

This is the second attempt - hence it mentions a failed consolidation.​​ The "Failed to retrieve file handle" was common to both attempts

The jobs are set to Verify after each Full or Incremental and no errors reported then.
I noticed the last build patch mentioned
​"Synthetic Full re-started backup sets

If all incremental images are deleted from a backup set with a synthetic full image, and the set is 're-started' by creating another Incremental then
   the error 'Invalid Parameter' would occur when mounting the Incremental image file. Additionally, a restore of this Incremental may result in the Full being restored.
   This has been resolved. "
Could this be related?
Currently verifying the full set...
​​
​​​​​​​​​
Edited 14 February 2018 8:18 AM by PB2017
PB2017
PB2017
Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)Junior Member (65 reputation)
Full set successfully verified....
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
PB2017 - 14 February 2018 8:35 AM
Full set successfully verified....

Thanks for posting. Could you download the latest version of consolidate.exe from here:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Standalone+backup+set+consolidation

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

PB2017
PB2017
Thanks.
Currently consolidating away....

I notice the table with the release version and date are a new(ish) addition. Got so used to it not being updated I didn't think of it this time.
Can we have the same on https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+Macrium+Reflect so ​we know when that's been updated too?​​​​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...