how do I update PE for my updated version 7 of MR

Author
Ronald Hirsch
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I accepted the update to my MR version 7.1.2885, it was suggested that I also update my PE installation.

I cannot find the path to do that. What are the steps I take to update PE?
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
PE refers to the Rescue environment, which runs on Windows PE.  To update it, simply step through the Create Rescue Media wizard.  On the final page of the wizard where you would choose to create a flash drive, disc, or ISO file, after a few seconds you should see a prompt to update your PE files.  If so, click Continue, then continue through that Rebuild step.  If you don't see that prompt, just click the Rebuild button manually and do that same.  Either way, after the rebuild is performed, you can generate a new/updated Rescue Media device/ISO.  If you use the boot menu recovery option, that Rebuild operation updates the files used by that option, so there's no separate action to take for function.

Edited 12 February 2018 5:02 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...