Problem adding to Boot options.

Author
Raymond
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,
                    Earlier today I changed my sign in options on 1 of my machines to a PIN. [ Windows 10 ] now I find that when I enter my PIN it goes straight from the Windows lock screen to my desktop. ​I did add Macrium Recovery Enviroment  to the Boot options. 
Before I added a PIN I could on start up have the option of Windows 10 or Macrium recovery. but not now.
Any ideas ?

Regards,
Raymond.​​​​​​
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Just to be clear, this is a sign-in PIN for just your user account rather than a BitLocker PIN that would be required to start the entire system, correct?  If so, then as you observe, the sign-in PIN only affects getting from the Windows lock screen into your specific user account -- but by the time the lock screen appears, your system has obviously already booted into Windows 10.  By comparison, the Reflect Rescue environment is an option to boot effectively an entirely different OS and therefore appears before Windows 10 even starts to load (and therefore well before the lock screen), so a PIN on your specific user account within your Windows 10 environment would be completely unrelated to the boot menu option.  I suspect something unrelated happened around the same time you set a PIN that affected the boot menu options.

Open the System Configuration application in Windows 10 (aka "msconfig"), go to the Boot tab, and make sure you see the Rescue environment listed as an option there.  If so, make sure the timeout period is something other than 0.  If you don't see the Rescue option at all, close the application, go into Reflect, enable the boot menu recovery option, and reopen System Configuration to verify it's now there.  If you STILL don't see it, somebody else had this issue and found that their anti-virus was preventing Reflect from adding an alternate boot option, so if you're running any third-party AV, close System Information, disable it, and try agian.

Edited 10 February 2018 5:52 PM by jphughan
Raymond
Raymond
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Thanks jphughan will try as you suggest tomorrow as I am not at the machine now.
Regards.
Raymond
Raymond
jphughan,
                  Did as you suggested and all is now ok.  Macrium was listed in the msconfig but the timeout was 0 so I have set it at 10 and all is good.
many thanks​​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...