Size of Rescue Media for USB Stick

Author
themagicman
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
What is the size of the rescue media for the USB Stick? I was just curious. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It varies a bit based on what version of WinPE you build your media with (I recommend WinPE 10 unless your system has trouble using it) and what if any additional drivers need to be added.  You can find out how large yours will be if you have Reflect generate an ISO file, since that is uncompressed and will therefore match the files that Reflect would put onto a USB stick almost perfectly, but for reference my V7 Rescue Media built with Win10 and with minimal drivers is just under 300MB.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...