Windows 10 Problem Today

Author
Squirrelly
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had a Windows 10 problem today and when I used rescue media, I could not access the back up files.  Should I create a disk image on a DVD so when I boot to rescue media I have the DVD to insert to restore Windows?   I am confused about the best way to handle it.   I took it to a shop and he charged me $200 to fix it.   Bad Windows 10 updates.
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Where are you storing your backup files?  If they're on a local hard drive, while you were in the Rescue environment, did you try going to the Restore tab, clicking the "Folders to search" link, and adding the folder containing your backups?  Reflect does try to carry over the "Folders to search" list into the Rescue environment, but because the Rescue environment doesn't always assign the same drive letters as "real" Windows, that doesn't always work, so sometimes you have to point the Rescue environment to the correct folder.

If you store backup files on a network location, the above may still work, but there are other potential factors as well.

Edited 8 February 2018 6:13 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...