How to delete .mrimg file

Author
tcebob
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have 2 image files on a usb hard drive that I wish to delete. I did look it up in Help but can't seem to find the right commands in practice. (I thought of reformatting the drive but that seemed extreme.)

Win 10 home 1709

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
In Reflect, under the Restore tab, you should see your backups listed.  If not, click the "Folders to search" link and add the folder containing your backups.  Once they're listed below, select the backup you want to delete and select Other Actions > Delete.  If you want to delete backup files within Windows Explorer, you'd have to disable Macrium Image Guardian first, although the Reflect method is a bit better because it makes sure that if you select a backup for deletion, any child backups that would be rendered useless will also be selected.  This prevents you from accidentally deleting a backup that would render another backup you meant to keep unusable, and also keeps orphaned child backups from sticking around on your disk uselessly taking up space.  The Reflect view also allows you to sort by Backup Date, which depending on your backup strategy may not be the same as the Date Modified or Date Created timestamps in Windows.

Edited 8 February 2018 12:26 AM by jphughan
tcebob
tcebob
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Thanks for your response. Very easy to follow and it worked.

tcebob

lonnahord
lonnahord
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
jphughan - 8 February 2018 12:18 AM
In Reflect, under the Restore tab, you should see your backups listed.  If not, click the "Folders to search" link and add the folder containing your backups.  Once they're listed below, select the backup you want to delete and select Other Actions > Delete.  If you want to delete backup files within Windows Explorer, you'd have to disable Macrium Image Guardian first, although the Reflect method is a bit better because it makes sure that if you select a backup for deletion, any child backups that would be rendered useless will also be selected.  This prevents you from accidentally deleting a backup that would render another backup you meant to keep unusable, and also keeps orphaned child backups from sticking around on your disk uselessly taking up space.  The Reflect view also allows you to sort by Backup Date, which depending on your backup strategy may not be the same as the Date Modified or Date Created timestamps in Windows.

My Home Version 7 doesn't give me that option on the pull-down menu of Other Actions....what should I do?

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
lonnahord - 8 February 2018 8:58 PM
My Home Version 7 doesn't give me that option on the pull-down menu of Other Actions....what should I do?

Make sure you do NOT get there by using the "Browse for an image or backup file to restore" function.  You need to just go to the Restore tab and view the list that appears right there, possibly after adding the necessary destination to the "Folders to search" list.  If you still don't see it, I've attached a screenshot just to make sure you're looking in the right place.  If even that doesn't help, can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Edited 8 February 2018 9:19 PM by jphughan
lonnahord
lonnahord
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
I think that fixed it. Thanks for the quick reply.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...