4k alignment

Author
pstoric83
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Does the free home version do a 4k alignment using default values? Just curious. I was using AMOEI back upper and there was a checkbox for align to 4k and it was recommended for a Spinning drive to SSD. Was wondering if Macrium had a similar offer or if I should just ignore that setting in AOMEI.
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Since I don't use Windows XP anymore, I don't have any disks with partitions that are NOT aligned along 4K boundaries to test with, but the Free version doesn't behave differently from the paid versions with respect to alignment, and below you can see the Alignment dropdown options that are accessed by clicking "Cloned/Restored Partition Properties" when performing a clone/restore.  If I were cloning/restoring FROM a misaligned partition to a new disk where alignment mattered, I would definitely check that setting for the partitions before moving forward though.

Edited 1 February 2018 3:02 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...