Is SMB1 required?

Author
mcq
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I currently use Reflect on Windows 10 to backup to an old NAS which requires SMB1.  I have CIFS/SMB1 client enabled on Windows 10 for this and Reflect backs up to the NAS just fine.

I am looking to replace the NAS and at the same time remove support for SMB1 client from Windows 10.  Will Reflect still be able to backup to the NAS?

Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Reflect uses Windows itself for file transfers rather than some custom engine, so if your version of Windows supports it, then Reflect will too, and Windows 10 definitely supports SMB 2 since that arrived with Vista.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...