My Wishlist

Author
MT1895
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey Guys,

Perhaps I have not found the right area on my dashboard.

Is there a way to have my backup send me an email once it has finished running (whether successful or not)?

A bonus would be to have it also send a reminder maybe the day before or perhaps 12 hours before execution that it is scheduled to run.
That would really be cool!

Thank you very much.
Edited 28 January 2018 5:48 PM by MT1895
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)
Email notifications of successful and/or failed jobs are certainly available. Go to Other Tasks > Edit Defaults to set up your email server settings, then edit the properties of the job(s) for which you want notifications, click Advanced Options, and click the Email heading.

There is not a way to have Reflect remind you that far before a job is scheduled to occur. However, IMMEDIATELY before a job occurs, if a user is logged in, they’ll see a notification for I think 20-30 seconds, and that notification will have options to postpone the backup for a specified time. Out of curiosity, what is your use case for a reminder 12 hours in advance?

And for future reference, there’s a section of this forum called “Wish List” for exactly these types of feature request threads. The Features section is intended more for questions about existing functionality. Smile
Edited 28 January 2018 5:54 PM by jphughan
MT1895
MT1895
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Thank you , thank you, thank you.

Regarding the 12 hour email notification was to ensure that my laptops were all on.  I have four laptops on my network that are backed up at different times.  Most of the time they are on 24/7 but occasionally one or two will be shut down overnight.

OK on using the wish-list for wishes.

Thanks again.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)
Happy to help! If you can switch to sleep rather than full shutdown, you can use the scheduling option to wake the PC to run the task if necessary. It may also work for hibernation, but I haven’t tested that.
Edited 28 January 2018 9:12 PM by jphughan
MT1895
MT1895
AHHHHHHHH!

I can do that.

Thank you very much.

You may close this ticket.

oh, the email setup worked and I am good to go there.  I can hardly wait to see the successful email message next week Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...