Extracting Macrium PE Files operation fails

Author
w3tno
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I am using Reflect 7.1 Build No 2833, and cannot create a Recovery Boot CD. The log gives the following error message:
' "WAIKFiles15x64" "c:\boot\macrium\WAIKFiles\mount" -notech -x64
      FAILED - Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
Unmounting the Wim - 1/23/2018 3:31 PM

According to the ImageX Tool for Windows, it  successfully completes the Committing operation and then successfully
unmounts the image.

Any suggestions?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
In the recent cases of Rescue Media build errors, the culprit has been third-party antivirus.  Are you running any?

w3tno
w3tno
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
jphughan - 24 January 2018 12:35 AM
In the recent cases of Rescue Media build errors, the culprit has been third-party antivirus.  Are you running any?

I am running MS Security Essentials, and Malwarebytes Pro. I turned both of them off, but end up with the same error message.
In previous successful Rescue Media creations, I used to get a message about downloading Windows PE, but during my current problem I do not get an indication that Windows PE is being downloaded.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
The reason you're not getting a prompt to download WinPE is probably because the PE files are already there.  If they weren't, you would get a prompt to download files before the rebuild operation that involves modifying the WIM file would even proceed.  But if you want to force a redownload, go to C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows Kits and delete the subfolder whose number corresponds to the WinPE version you're using.  Then when you get to the last step of the Create Rescue Media wizard, after a few moments Reflect should pop up a dialog box telling you that WinPE files need to be downloaded.  I'm not sure that will change this behavior, but I also don't have any other immediate suggestions, so if it doesn't improve anything, hopefully someone else will have an idea for you shortly.

Edited 24 January 2018 5:26 PM by jphughan
w3tno
w3tno
Resolution to "Extracting Macrium PE Files operation fails"
The answer was in front of me all along. The error message stated that the specified file could not be found. And yes, "WAIKFiles15x64.exe" was not on my computer! I do not know why and how it disappeared. I copied the file from another Windows 7 computer to folder "C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect", and then went ahead to produce a new Rescue CD.
Edited 24 January 2018 8:19 PM by w3tno
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...