Failed to install 7.1.2833 (home version)

Author
CubaMadre
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
First I use the setup, but failed because I can't access anymore 'C:\Programm Files\Macrium', as admin! I can't even see who owns this directory!
Then I tried to update from Reflect itself, but failed with message:
Error
Failed to extract file from archive:
diff_000004.dif
I guess the last installation (7.1.2722) changed the security settings for 'C:\Programm Files\Macrium' in a bad way...
CuBaMadre;

CubaMadre
CubaMadre
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
After the failed update I coudn't start reflect.exe, the security settings has been changed too, but I could correct them.
Then I tried to browse an image but failed, because the missing access rights for 'C:\Programm Files\Macrium'.
Sorry, but manipulating the access rights in such a bad way is a no go. There is no need to change the access rights at all!
Oh my God, reflect is now useless...
CuBaMadre;

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
I just checked my own folder and there aren't any special permissions defined on that folder; everything is inherited from Program Files, which is what you should get back to.  If you can't see permissions then you can do the following to regain access and re-establish the default permissions:

- Logged in as an admin, right-click the Macrium folder, go to Properties > Security.  Click Advanced, then click "Change" next to the owner name at the top.  Enter "Administrators", click OK, check the "Replace owner on subcontainers" checkbox, then click OK.  Click OK in the previous folder properties pane as well.

- Now go back into the Advanced security settings and click "Change permissions" at the bottom.  If you see a button that says "Enable inheritance", click it.  If it already says "Disable inheritance", then leave it alone. Then remove any permissions entries whose "Inherited from" field does NOT say "C:\Program Files".  It should end up looking like the screenshot below, perhaps in a different order.  When you've got it right, change the owner above back to "SYSTEM", then check the "Replace owner on subcontainers" checkbox and the "Replace all child object permissions entries" checkbox, and click OK.

Edited 20 January 2018 4:01 PM by jphughan
CubaMadre
CubaMadre
CubaMadre - 20 January 2018 3:51 PM
After the failed update I coudn't start reflect.exe, the security settings has been changed too, but I could correct them.
Then I tried to browse an image but failed, because the missing access rights for 'C:\Programm Files\Macrium'.
Sorry, but manipulating the access rights in such a bad way is a no go. There is no need to change the access rights at all!
Oh my God, reflect is now useless...
CuBaMadre;

The problem went away! After closing Reflect there was no folder 'C:\Programm Files\Macrium' and I could reinstall the app without any problem.
Maybe, when I checked the folder access rights the folder has already been deleted but the explorer didn't refresh the view, therefore no access rights.
CuBaMadre;

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...