File and Folder backup

Author
Ian Galyer
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there any way of selecting more one folder to backup.
For every folder to backup you have to go through a lot of stages.
What about having check box to select folders or allowing ctrl & select

Cheers Ian
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Unfortunately no, and there's a Wish List thread requesting a pick-list navigation tree method of defining F&F jobs, which would not only allow faster folder selection but also make including/excluding subfolders a lot easier.  I think the reason for the current design is that the include/exclude settings are per-folder rather than job-wide, so by only allowing one folder to be added at a time, Macrium shows those settings for each new folder.

Still, @Nick it might be handy if the large Source area was set up as a drag and drop target.  Any folders added that way could just the default include/exclude settings applied.  And while experimenting with this, I actually discovered a reproducible crash condition that I'll be PMing you about.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...