Missing Drive Letter, 2801 vs 2817

Author
Drac144
Expert
Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am running version 2801. I noticed that the drive letter was missing when I did a restore of a SINGLE partition.  Of course that is easily fixed in Disk Management.  Today I noticed that version 2817 is available (I don't usually check for a new version until I see a mention in a post on this forum).  However reading the bug fixes section it says, "Cloning and restoring multiple consecutive partitions could result in volumes without drive letters assigned".  In my case, as stated above, it was just one partition being restored.  Is this a misstatement in the description of the problem or is there another situation that is not addressed by the bug fix that might still exist?
Edited 13 January 2018 9:27 PM by Drac144
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Drac144 - 13 January 2018 9:26 PM
I am running version 2801. I noticed that the drive letter was missing when I did a restore of a SINGLE partition.  Of course that is easily fixed in Disk Management.  Today I noticed that version 2817 is available (I don't usually check for a new version until I see a mention in a post on this forum).  However reading the bug fixes section it says, "Cloning and restoring multiple consecutive partitions could result in volumes without drive letters assigned".  In my case, as stated above, it was just one partition being restored.  Is this a misstatement in the description of the problem or is there another situation that is not addressed by the bug fix that might still exist?

Yes, the update should fix your particular issue as the drive letter assignment logic has been improved. The main problem was with consecutive volumes but it also depends on other existing assignments during the restore/clone process.  However, you may want to hang on until tomorrow to save updating twice as another release is imminent.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Nick - 14 January 2018 12:08 PM
Drac144 - 13 January 2018 9:26 PM

Yes, the update should fix your particular issue as the drive letter assignment logic has been improved. The main problem was with consecutive volumes but it also depends on other existing assignments during the restore/clone process.  However, you may want to hang on until tomorrow to save updating twice as another release is imminent.

Nick,

Thanks for the information.  I already updated on one system but will wait to update on my other system.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...