Backup speed slows to almost nothing after update to build 2817

Author
zzz
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just started up Reflect 71, and it told me there was an update ready, so I installed it, bringing me up to Build 2817.  Once I did this, my backups literally slowed to almost nothing - 3 MB/sec.  I'm told my daily incremental will take 30 hours instead of its normal 5 minutes.  Others actions, such as looking for changes, are equally slow.

Reflect is unusable in this state.  Is there a way I can revert to the previous version until this is resolved?

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
zzz - 10 January 2018 10:56 AM
I just started up Reflect 71, and it told me there was an update ready, so I installed it, bringing me up to Build 2817.  Once I did this, my backups literally slowed to almost nothing - 3 MB/sec.  I'm told my daily incremental will take 30 hours instead of its normal 5 minutes.  Others actions, such as looking for changes, are equally slow.

Reflect is unusable in this state.  Is there a way I can revert to the previous version until this is resolved?

Thanks for posting.

Nothing has changed that affects backup speed so this issue is most likely caused by Anti-Virus software.  At the end of the image log the raw Read and Write I/O speeds will be shown:

e.g,

I/O Performance: Read 2.5 Gb/s - Write 2.4 Gb/s

Read is the source disk and Write is the target disk. The lower value will indicate the bottleneck. What values do you see in the log?

AV software makes up rules based on the hash and contents of binary executables and may behave totally differently when Reflect is updated.  If you can, add both the backup target folder and 'C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectBin.exe' to any exclusions list for your AV software.  

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

zzz
zzz
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I disabled my antivirus - that wasn't the problem.  Then I noticed that all my disk copies were running slowly.  Program launching was normal speed, so apparently it was the disk writes.  This made no sense, so I rebooted, and sure enough, the problem went away completely.

Edited 10 January 2018 11:57 AM by zzz
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...