V7.1.2817 Needs Restart

Author
Kenneth Goodwin
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Small observation but after installing the update (v7.1.2817) attempting to shut down Guardian service resulted in "Failed to stop image Guardian service - The pipe has been ended." I could work around it by stopping and then restarting Macrium Reflect (finding that Guardian had been turned off which was what I was attempting to execute).  The real solution was to just restart the computer which seemed to completely eliminate the Guardian service problem.
Kenneth Goodwin
Kenneth Goodwin
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Kenneth Goodwin - 9 January 2018 5:27 PM
Small observation but after installing the update (v7.1.2817) attempting to shut down Guardian service resulted in "Failed to stop image Guardian service - The pipe has been ended." I could work around it by stopping and then restarting Macrium Reflect (finding that Guardian had been turned off which was what I was attempting to execute).  The real solution was to just restart the computer which seemed to completely eliminate the Guardian service problem.

Didn't happen on my second Windows 10 machine, so most likely a one machine blip.  I just love non-deterministic operating systems.​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...