Recent Patches Fail to Install

Author
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The last 3 patches that have been issued would not install and failed for different reasons.  The download goes normally but when the installation starts, they failed immediately.  I am having to install the full version each time as an alternative method.  This is not that big of an issue as I still get the latest version but I'm curious why patches will not install on my Windows 10 Home desktop.  I'm not having this issue on my Windows 8.1 laptop.  Any ideas?

Dave...

Desktop:  Windows 10 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2917
Laptop:    Windows 8.1 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2917

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
capair45 - 9 January 2018 12:06 PM
The last 3 patches that have been issued would not install and failed for different reasons.  The download goes normally but when the installation starts, they failed immediately.  I am having to install the full version each time as an alternative method.  This is not that big of an issue as I still get the latest version but I'm curious why patches will not install on my Windows 10 Home desktop.  I'm not having this issue on my Windows 8.1 laptop.  Any ideas?

Dave...

Hi Dave

Can you attach the file 'C:\Windows\Macrium Reflect Patch Log.txt' or copy the last few lines relevant to the recent patch?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)Proficient Member (241 reputation)
Nick - 9 January 2018 2:55 PM

Dave...

Hi Dave

Can you attach the file 'C:\Windows\Macrium Reflect Patch Log.txt' or copy the last few lines relevant to the recent patch?

Attachments
Macrium Reflect Patch Log.txt (2 views, 4.00 KB)
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
capair45 - 9 January 2018 3:17 PM

Dave...

Hi Dave

Patch file (DeltaMAX error 104): C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\reflectbin.exe (104)

Patching works by applying a delta difference to the installed files.  All Reflect executable are signed and checking the signature confirms that there is no change or corruption.

You can view the signature of ReflectBin.exe in Windows Explorer.

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Confirming+that+Macrium+download+is+genuine

It could also be that ReflectBin.exe is blocked or locked from the patching process. If you haven't already updated then can you try patching again after a Windows 'Clean' boot? This helps to eliminate external processes that might interfere:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Nick - 9 January 2018 4:56 PM
capair45 - 9 January 2018 3:17 PM

Dave...

Hi Dave

Patch file (DeltaMAX error 104): C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\reflectbin.exe (104)

Patching works by applying a delta difference to the installed files.  All Reflect executable are signed and checking the signature confirms that there is no change or corruption.

You can view the signature of ReflectBin.exe in Windows Explorer.

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Confirming+that+Macrium+download+is+genuine

It could also be that ReflectBin.exe is blocked or locked from the patching process. If you haven't already updated then can you try patching again after a Windows 'Clean' boot? This helps to eliminate external processes that might interfere:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

I've run the full installer for the latest patch (2817).  Next time one is released, I'll try the clean boot option and see if the installation succeeds.
Thanks for the help!
Dave...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...