Cannot download macrium software from "Download Agent"

Author
DennistheMacrium
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
"The Macrium Reflect download option list was not retrieved or is corrupt".

Please advise.

Thank you !

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
I just launched the download agent on my Windows 10 PC and it worked just fine.  Maybe try redownloading the agent itself here, otherwise what OS are you running, and do you have any proxy servers in your environment or third-party anti-virus running?

DennistheMacrium
DennistheMacrium
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
jphughan - 9 January 2018 3:17 PM
I just launched the download agent on my Windows 10 PC and it worked just fine.  Maybe try redownloading the agent itself here, otherwise what OS are you running, and do you have any proxy servers in your environment or third-party anti-virus running?

Thank you for your reply.  I'm running XP sp3 Professional -- all anti-virus' closed.  Is working fine on XP sp3 Home Edition.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
I wonder if they have different updates installed then?  I remember Macrium making some changes to maintain support for XP clients, I think because they don't support the newer hash algorithm used for digitally signing SSL certificates.  But if you have a PC that works, as a workaround you can always download whatever you need on one PC and move it over to the other.  If you're concerned about the license key, you can provide the intended PC's license key to the download agent running on the working PC (that won't disrupt the actual Reflect installation on that PC) or even just choose to download a trial version of the appropriate edition without supplying a key, which you can still activate on the target PC to achieve full functionality.

Edited 9 January 2018 6:22 PM by jphughan
DennistheMacrium
DennistheMacrium
jphughan - 9 January 2018 6:21 PM
I wonder if they have different updates installed then?  I remember Macrium making some changes to maintain support for XP clients, I think because they don't support the newer hash algorithm used for digitally signing SSL certificates.  But if you have a PC that works, as a workaround you can always download whatever you need on one PC and move it over to the other.  If you're concerned about the license key, you can provide the intended PC's license key to the download agent running on the working PC (that won't disrupt the actual Reflect installation on that PC) or even just choose to download a trial version of the appropriate edition without supplying a key, which you can still activate on the target PC to achieve full functionality.

Thank you sooooo much.  I love "workarounds".  May I add one more "X" kudo to your MVP standing, please?
Best Regards and Happy New Year,
Dennis

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
DennistheMacrium - 9 January 2018 7:10 PM

Thank you sooooo much.  I love "workarounds".  May I add one more "X" kudo to your MVP standing, please?
Dennis

On the XP PC that can't connect you either need to upgrade to IE 7 or ensure that TLS 1.0 is enabled in the 'Advanced' settings of IE.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

DennistheMacrium
DennistheMacrium
Nick - 9 January 2018 9:15 PM
DennistheMacrium - 9 January 2018 7:10 PM

Dennis

On the XP PC that can't connect you either need to upgrade to IE 7 or ensure that TLS 1.0 is enabled in the 'Advanced' settings of IE.

Thank you very much for your help, Nick !

Best wishes and Happy New Year.
Dennis
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...