Failed to create an instance of the IFileSystemImage object

Author
CowboyGeek
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Trying to create Rescue Media and receiving an error.
Running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 17063 with the "IoBlockLegacyFsFilters" registry fix and Reflect Home v.7.1.2801
I am able to create backups and images, just can't create rescue media.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
It looks like you're trying to burn directly to disc there.  Out of curiosity, if you choose to create an ISO file instead, does that work?  If so, as a workaround you could then right-click that ISO and select "Burn disc image" to build your Rescue Media.

(EDIT: Never mind, I was only checking the second screenshot.  Looks like you're trying to make an ISO in the first one, in which case this may be another case of Microsoft having changed/broken something. If so, I guess it's good that these things are at leastbeing caught sooner rather than later for Macrium to investigate.  The next Windows 10 release is slated for March.)

Edited 8 January 2018 7:19 AM by jphughan
Andrew
Andrew
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)Macrium Representative (31 reputation)
Group: Moderators
This is caused by a bug in the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview. Reflect is trying to use the Image Mastering API (IMAPI) to create filesystems on removable media or inside iso files, but the API isn't starting up properly. The same bug can be seen by running the following PowerShell command:

New-Object -comobject "IMAPI2FS.MsftFileSystemImage"

On a normal Windows 10 install, this will create an object that you could (theoretically) use to create filesystems inside iso files or on writable disks. On the latest Insider Preview, this will give a big red error message (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE).

Kind regards,
Andrew - Macrium Support
kingsmeadow
kingsmeadow
Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)
Andrew - 8 January 2018 2:02 PM
This is caused by a bug in the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview. Reflect is trying to use the Image Mastering API (IMAPI) to create filesystems on removable media or inside iso files, but the API isn't starting up properly. The same bug can be seen by running the following PowerShell command:

On a normal Windows 10 install, this will create an object that you could (theoretically) use to create filesystems inside iso files or on writable disks. On the latest Insider Preview, this will give a big red error message (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE).

Kind regards,
Andrew - Macrium Support

I have just tried to create an bootable iso, and I get a msg to say it failed, and creates a dmp file which says " send this to Macrium "​
I used to get the big red error msg, but that seems to have changed ...I am now on build 17101, perhaps that is the difference.
KM
​​​
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
kingsmeadow - 23 February 2018 11:56 AM
Andrew - 8 January 2018 2:02 PM

Kind regards,
Andrew - Macrium Support

I have just tried to create an bootable iso, and I get a msg to say it failed, and creates a dmp file which says " send this to Macrium "
I used to get the big red error msg, but that seems to have changed ...I am now on build 17101, perhaps that is the difference.
KM

The bug has changed in the 17101 Windows build to crash IMAPI COM class. We've raised a bug report with MS and this also happens with PowerShell scripts on Microsoft TechNet. MS will hopefully sort this out quite quickly.  

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

kingsmeadow
kingsmeadow
Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)
Nick,
Your message must have been heard !!

I just created an iso, and also created a DVD with the new build 17107..
So problem has been fixed and now all works,

Great job everyone,

KM​​​​​​​​
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
kingsmeadow - 26 February 2018 9:29 AM
Nick,
Your message must have been heard !!

I just created an iso, and also created a DVD with the new build 17107..
So problem has been fixed and now all works,

Great job everyone,

KM

Thanks for the feedback. We can also confirm that the problem seems to be resolved with 17107

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...