File an Folder Backup without Protokoll

Author
JuergenM
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

i have see, that there is from the File and Folder Backup  no Protokoll entry in Macrium Reflect (Version 7)

When the Backup stopped, i receive no Email from Macrium or an Errormessage.

i have another Job, where i make an Harddisk Clone. There are Protokoll Entrys and Email, when the Backup is OK or when an Error are happend.

Why the Backup File and Folders Job do not write Protokoll Entrys?

Best regards JuergenM
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)
JuergenM - 7 January 2018 7:47 AM
Hello,

i have see, that there is from the File and Folder Backup  no Protokoll entry in Macrium Reflect (Version 7)

When the Backup stopped, i receive no Email from Macrium or an Errormessage.

i have another Job, where i make an Harddisk Clone. There are Protokoll Entrys and Email, when the Backup is OK or when an Error are happend.

Why the Backup File and Folders Job do not write Protokoll Entrys?

Best regards JuergenM

I run file and folder backups with Version 7.1.2801 regularly.  Although I do not use the option, you can have MR email you upon success or failure of the backup. To locate the option, begin an edit of the task and select Advanced Options.  At the top of the next window, you'll see an :email" button.  Select it and you'll be able to set up email notification for success or failure.  Is that what you're looking for?

Desktop:  Windows 10 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2917
Laptop:    Windows 8.1 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2917

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
When you say Protokoll entries, are you referring to log entries? If so, the Log tab in Reflect is organized by type of job, and Reflect always opens it to the most recent log entry that was generated. But if you open the File and Folder Backup section rather than the Image or Clone section you might be looking at, you should find log entries there.
JuergenM
JuergenM
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Hello,

the log Entries i have found in Macrium.

The Email Options are checked, but Macrium send no emails when the Backup was wrong.....​

So i must look in the log entries. When the Backup was ok, Macrium send an email.....

Best regards Juergen​​​​​​​
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
First, make sure you're looking at the email settings for the definition file by following the steps that capair45 posted, and NOT the settings for the entire application under Other Tasks > Edit Defaults.  If you received an email on success but not on failure, there are separate configuration areas for each result in case you might want to notify different people and/or attach a log for failure, but not for success for example.  See below:

Edited 7 January 2018 3:29 PM by jphughan
JuergenM
JuergenM
I have check all Settings for Emails under Default and by the Task.

For Email Sucess and for Email Failure are all Settings right.

When i will Clone a Harddisk ist all ok, Sucess and Failure, only File and Folder Backup does not send an Email if there is an Error.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Make sure the email address in the failure notification section is correct.  Somebody had an issue like this recently and they later realized there was a small typo in the email address they had provided.

Also, when you say "clone", it sounds like you mean "image backup", where disk partitions are captured to a file.  A clone is when disk partitions are copied directly onto another disk, but those jobs do not currently support email notifications, although there is a request for that to be added.

Edited 7 January 2018 4:03 PM by jphughan
JuergenM
JuergenM
In German "Festplattenabbild" /  Harddiskbackup.
There are Email notifications.

​​

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
That's probably translated from the English term "hard drive image backup", which is the option on the right in the circled segment below.  I'm not sure how "clone" was translated into German, but what does your interface show for the operation on the left?  Image backup jobs allow email notifications, and clone jobs do not.  Anyhow, I only mentioned this because these operations are of course different, and therefore using the incorrect terminology in troubleshooting cases can lead to confusion.

Edited 7 January 2018 4:40 PM by jphughan
JuergenM
JuergenM
Image to disk .... there are email notifikations
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...