Differential gives a 0x06 Conflict in Scheduled Backups

Author
c3k
Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
See the image I've attached.

​​
I have​ multiple drives in this computer. I used the Macrium guided setup to create my backup definition files. As you can see, they are of the son/father/grandfather type. My OS is on one drive and I have Data on a second drive. Both drives' backups go to the same destination drive, a separate third drive.

I prioritize the OS drive by having it start at 0400 each day for its backup. (Every day incremental, once a week differential, once a month full.)
The data drive does the same, but at 0500 each day.

I have not seen any errors in the log, but looking at the image I've attached, it shows that the scheduled tasks are not being performed...for the Differentials.

What is causing this particular conflict?
Why are differentials the only type of backup which cannot be done? Why not full?
Should I stagger my times so that the different backup types are not at the same time? (On one Monday each month, at 0400, there would be three backups: incremental, differential, and full.) Or, does Macrium know that a full backup takes priority over an incremental?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.8K reputation)
Group: Administrators
c3k - 4 January 2018 2:06 PM
See the image I've attached.

I have multiple drives in this computer. I used the Macrium guided setup to create my backup definition files. As you can see, they are of the son/father/grandfather type. My OS is on one drive and I have Data on a second drive. Both drives' backups go to the same destination drive, a separate third drive.

I prioritize the OS drive by having it start at 0400 each day for its backup. (Every day incremental, once a week differential, once a month full.)
The data drive does the same, but at 0500 each day.

I have not seen any errors in the log, but looking at the image I've attached, it shows that the scheduled tasks are not being performed...for the Differentials.

What is causing this particular conflict?
Why are differentials the only type of backup which cannot be done? Why not full?
Should I stagger my times so that the different backup types are not at the same time? (On one Monday each month, at 0400, there would be three backups: incremental, differential, and full.) Or, does Macrium know that a full backup takes priority over an incremental?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

This is expected if Full, Diff or Inc backups, for the same backup definition, are scheduled to run at the same time. The Full takes priority and the Diff or Inc doesn't run. Similarly, a Diff takes precedence over and Inc. 

More info here:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/How+to+check+the+status+of+scheduled+backups

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

c3k
c3k
Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)Junior Member (73 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Awesome!
Thanks for the quick response. Sorry I didn't see that in the kb.​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...