Scheduled Tasks Do Not Run

Author
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have two scheduled tasks which did not run recently.  This is the first time this issue has presented itself in as long as I can remember.

One task is a file-folder backup that is scheduled to run nightly at 2:00 AM.  The other is a disk image scheduled for every Wednesday at 4:00 AM.  Checking the MR logs this morning shows that neither task ran last night.  This is confirmed by looking at the destination disk.  They are not there.

Windows Task Scheduler shows the two tasks are active but there are curious notations pertaining to the scheduled runs last night.  One task says "Access is Denied" and the other says, "The Operator or Administrator Has Refused the Request".

I upgraded to 7.1.2801 yesterday. 

Desktop:  Windows 10 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2833
Laptop:    Windows 8.1 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2801

Edited 3 January 2018 1:18 PM by capair45
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
capair45 - 3 January 2018 1:11 PM
I have two scheduled tasks which did not run recently.  This is the first time this issue has presented itself in as long as I can remember.

One task is a file-folder backup that is scheduled to run nightly at 2:00 AM.  The other is a disk image scheduled for every Wednesday at 4:00 AM.  Checking the MR logs this morning shows that neither task ran last night.  This is confirmed by looking at the destination disk.  They are not there.

Windows Task Scheduler shows the two tasks are active but there are curious notations pertaining to the scheduled runs last night.  One task says "Access is Denied" and the other says, "The Operator or Administrator Has Refused the Request".

I upgraded to 7.1.2801 yesterday. 

Hi

Are your scheduled tasks using the Windows SYSTEM account or a local Admin account?  If an Admin account, then has account password changed recently?

You can check the account being used in the backups tab:

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 4 January 2018 12:46 PM by Nick
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)
Looks like the Windows System Account.

capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
I just ran a manual backup of the files & folders.  It completed successfully.  It is scheduled to run again tomorrow at 2:00 AM.  I'll post back tomorrow with the results of the scheduled scan.

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
Did you run the manual backup by right-clicking the definition file under Backup Definition Files and selecting Run Now, or by right-clicking a scheduled task under Scheduled Backups and selecting Run Now there? The latter exactly simulates the execution of a scheduled backup; the former works a bit differently.
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
I ran the manual file-folder backup by selecting the Backup Definition File Tab and clicking the "Run Now" icon.  I'll try right-clicking the same task under Scheduled Backups and select Run Now.  Will post back in a bit.

EDIT:  Right-clicking the task under Scheduled Backups and selecting Run Now completed successfully.

Edited 3 January 2018 9:52 PM by capair45
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
The daily scheduled file-folder backup ran successfully at 2:00 AM.  The disk-image task only runs weekly so I won't be sure of its success for a few days yet.  My guess is it will complete also.  No idea why they both failed yesterday but will post back if things change,

Thanks to all who offered help.

Dave...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...