Update Failure

Author
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I seem to have an on-going issue with performing updates to newer versions.  With the last 3 issued updates, I am unable to simply run the update patch but must download and run the full installer.

Today, I received a message when opening version 7.1.2768 that a newer version was available (7.1.2801).  I started the download/install process but the installation failed with the message "Could Not Start the Setyp" (See attached snip).  Previous attempts to install patches usually failed with the message "Unable to Install Patch" so today's message is a new one.

In the short term, can someone direct me to the full installer for 7.1.2801? 

In the long term, are there any thoughts on why the patches continually fail on my Windows 10 Home10.0.16299 machine?

Dave...

Desktop:  Windows 10 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2917
Laptop:    Windows 8.1 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2917

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
This is of course a workaround, but the link below points to the Reflect download agent.  I just keep this in a text file on my own system just in case.  I suppose you could just keep the download agent file itself, since it will always download the most current release, but if Macrium ever patches the download agent that strategy might have you continuing to use an older version.  To save time, click Options and choose "Reflect installer only":

Corrected link: http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/reflectdlfull.exe

Edited 2 January 2018 6:01 PM by jphughan
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)Proficient Member (245 reputation)
jphughan - 2 January 2018 3:43 PM
This is of course a workaround, but the link below points to the Reflect download agent.  I just keep this in a text file on my own system just in case.  I suppose you could just keep the download agent file itself, since it will always download the most current release, but if Macrium ever patches the download agent that strategy might have you continuing to use an older version.  To save time, click Options and choose "Reflect installer only":

http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v/reflectdlfull.exe

Thank you for the help.  Unfortunately that link leads to a Error 404 - Page Not Found.  EDIT:  added a 7 following the "v" and all is well.

Edited 2 January 2018 5:31 PM by capair45
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Argh!  This forum since a recent upgrade has had a bug whereby sometimes the last change made to a post is not actually captured in the post itself.  I'm seeing it on multiple browsers and multiple PCs.  The download agent link I found on a Reflect KB article pointed to a V6 path, and even though the download agent is the same, to avoid possible confusion I removed the 6 and a 7 before posting, and obviously that 7 didn't make it.  I've already reported this bug to Macrium, and I think they've working with the developer of their forum software, but as of now it persists.  I've gone back and edited posts several times just to re-add a period at the end of my last sentence.  Other times, text I removed just before clicking Post nonetheless it into the post.

Anyhow, I'm glad you sorted it out. Smile

Edited 2 January 2018 6:01 PM by jphughan
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
jphughan - 2 January 2018 6:01 PM
Argh!  This forum since a recent upgrade has had a bug whereby sometimes the last change made to a post is not actually captured in the post itself.  I'm seeing it on multiple browsers and multiple PCs.  The download agent link I found on a Reflect KB article pointed to a V6 path, and even though the download agent is the same, to avoid possible confusion I removed the 6 and a 7 before posting, and obviously that 7 didn't make it.  I've already reported this bug to Macrium, and I think they've working with the developer of their forum software, but as of now it persists.  I've gone back and edited posts several times just to re-add a period at the end of my last sentence.  Other times, text I removed just before clicking Post nonetheless it into the post.

Anyhow, I'm glad you sorted it out. Smile

Yup!  2801 is fully installed. 

Thanks for the help here on the forum!  I enjoy reading your posts.  You do a superb job of helping us.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...