CBT driver installed even though excluded during setup

Author
Evil Dale
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just noticed these messages in the event log:

"The Macrium Reflect CBT driver successfully attached to device HarddiskVolume1."

This seems to indicate the CBT driver is installed, even though I deselected it during install and CBT is not selectable and disabled in the UI - is this expected behaviour?
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
Launch Reflect and go to Other Tasks > Edit Defaults > Advanced > Advanced Incrementals. The option to use CBT should be grayed out if CBT isn’t installed. If it’s not grayed out, go to Programs and Features, select Reflect, and click Change and then Modify to remove it. If that CBT option is grayed out and you’re still seeing that Event Viewer entry, hopefully Macrium can comment on whether that behavior is expected.
Edited 29 December 2017 7:50 AM by jphughan
Evil Dale
Evil Dale
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Yep, it's greyed out and unchecked, but still getting the messages in the event log. CBT is also unchecked if you click modify in the installer.

Would kinda understand if I'd installed it but unchecked it later - but since it was never checked during installation I'd expect it not to be installed or running in any way.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Evil Dale - 29 December 2017 8:49 AM
Yep, it's greyed out and unchecked, but still getting the messages in the event log. CBT is also unchecked if you click modify in the installer.

Would kinda understand if I'd installed it but unchecked it later - but since it was never checked during installation I'd expect it not to be installed or running in any way.

You shouldnt see any CBT events if the component isn't installed. Can you open a support ticket so we can check this out?

http://helpdesk.macrium.com/

Thanks

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Evil Dale
Evil Dale
Nick - 29 December 2017 12:42 PM
Evil Dale - 29 December 2017 8:49 AM

You shouldnt see any CBT events if the component isn't installed. Can you open a support ticket so we can check this out?

http://helpdesk.macrium.com/

Thanks

Done, thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...