Need to do a absolute and complete uninstall of v7.1.2768

Author
rburdeshaw
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After reinstalling MR v7.1.2768 on my new W10 X64, I was experiencing some unsettling results with my backups. I tried using the Uninstaller through Programs and Features but that does not remove all the associated Registry entries and such because it “automatically” populates my previous scheduled Backup Descriptions and Drives Status.
How best would I be able to accomplish a legit “complete” uninstall in order to reinstall Fresh? I would genuinely welcome your help. Thanks
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
rburdeshaw - 20 December 2017 5:07 PM
After reinstalling MR v7.1.2768 on my new W10 X64, I was experiencing some unsettling results with my backups. I tried using the Uninstaller through Programs and Features but that does not remove all the associated Registry entries and such because it “automatically” populates my previous scheduled Backup Descriptions and Drives Status.How best would I be able to accomplish a legit “complete” uninstall in order to reinstall Fresh? I would genuinely welcome your help. Thanks

Hi

Thanks for posting.

You can select 'Remove, definitions, settings and scheduled tasks'   

Not sure what you mean by "scheduled Backup Descriptions and Drives Status". 

Can you please expand on "unsettling results" so we can better understand your problems?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

rburdeshaw
rburdeshaw
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Hi Nick,
After I uninstalled as first mentioned, I was not aware of the Macrium Reflect Uninstall Options that you highlited in your response and just used Uninstall from Windows Installed Programs.
The “unsettling results” showed up after I manually ran my Files and Folders Backup. Besides having a File and Folder Backup in my File and Folder Backup, I had something resembling a separate text file of (as I remember, because I am on the road traveling today) what details enumerating the backup’s parameters. The program also placed a similar text File in my Image Backup Folder and in my Clone Drive location.
I do apologize for not being at home so I could give you specific details, which I know would be of definite help. I will be back home after Christmas and can again get the “specifics” to answer your question more correctly if that would be acceptable.
By the way, is the picture you included in your reply available from inside MR or where exactly. I would definitely like to try checking the 2 blocks in your example to see if my “previous” Schedules and Backup Detail Files are gone after re-installing again?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
The picture in Nick's post is what you see when you go to Programs and Features, select Reflect, and choose "Uninstall".  Since it sounds like that's what you used, I'm not sure why you wouldn't have seen it.

Edited 20 December 2017 9:54 PM by jphughan
Keith Weisshar
Keith Weisshar
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)Proficient Member (293 reputation)
Why doesn't the uninstaller do a complete uninstall if I allow the uninstaller to reboot when it prompted even if I tick all four checkboxes in the uninstaller?  After reboot, I had to run xReflect.exe in the temp folder and check all the boxes to remove all the settings, logs, and Windows PE files but still had to remove the Macrium and boot folder manually.  Why does build 2768 prompt to reboot during uninstall?  When this happens it fails to clean up the remaining files and registry entries after uninstall.  Even if I do a complete uninstall it doesn't remove the event log registry entry for MacriumImageGuardian and it had to be removed manually using the PowerShell command remove-eventlog -source macriumimageguardian.
Edited 20 December 2017 11:53 PM by Keith Weisshar
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Keith Weisshar - 20 December 2017 11:49 PM
Why doesn't the uninstaller do a complete uninstall if I allow the uninstaller to reboot when it prompted even if I tick all four checkboxes in the uninstaller?  After reboot, I had to run xReflect.exe in the temp folder and check all the boxes to remove all the settings, logs, and Windows PE files but still had to remove the Macrium and boot folder manually.  Why does build 2768 prompt to reboot during uninstall?  When this happens it fails to clean up the remaining files and registry entries after uninstall.  Even if I do a complete uninstall it doesn't remove the event log registry entry for MacriumImageGuardian and it had to be removed manually using the PowerShell command remove-eventlog -source macriumimageguardian.

Hi Keith, we will check this out. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

A reboot is required to remove kernel mode drivers.

Can I ask why you are installing and removing? It isn't necessary for normal operation. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 21 December 2017 2:50 PM by Nick
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
rburdeshaw - 20 December 2017 8:29 PM
Hi Nick, After I uninstalled as first mentioned, I was not aware of the Macrium Reflect Uninstall Options that you highlited in your response and just used Uninstall from Windows Installed Programs. The “unsettling results” showed up after I manually ran my Files and Folders Backup. Besides having a File and Folder Backup in my File and Folder Backup, I had something resembling a separate text file of (as I remember, because I am on the road traveling today) what details enumerating the backup’s parameters. The program also placed a similar text File in my Image Backup Folder and in my Clone Drive location.I do apologize for not being at home so I could give you specific details, which I know would be of definite help. I will be back home after Christmas and can again get the “specifics” to answer your question more correctly if that would be acceptable.By the way, is the picture you included in your reply available from inside MR or where exactly. I would definitely like to try checking the 2 blocks in your example to see if my “previous” Schedules and Backup Detail Files are gone after re-installing again?

Was the file 'data.xml'?

The separate text file 'data.xml' in root folder 'meta' is normal and is a configuration file for the virtual FAT32 file system. It contains NTFS permissions and other meta data. You would only see this if you mount the backup in Windows Explorer and view 'hidden' files and folder.  This data file isn't visible if you use the File and Folder restore function in Reflect:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Restoring+a+file+and+folder+backup

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

rburdeshaw
rburdeshaw
Nick I do appreciate your prompt responses and help. I will take your advice and uninstall with “Uninstall” checked and Remove definitions, settings and tasks checked. After I have rebooted my computer after the above Uninstall, I will redo my definitions, settings and such and use the program to see if my problem is resolved. If not, I will get back to this subject and tell you what did happen. Thanks
rburdeshaw
rburdeshaw
rburdeshaw - 22 December 2017 1:59 AM
Nick I do appreciate your prompt responses and help. I will take your advice and uninstall with “Uninstall” checked and Remove definitions, settings and tasks checked. After I have rebooted my computer after the above Uninstall, I will redo my definitions, settings and such and use the program to see if my problem is resolved. If not, I will get back to this subject and tell you what did happen. Thanks

Nick,

I was trying to get as clean a Macrium Reflect installation as possible as Keith mentioned earlier on the 12/20. However, after ticking all 4 boxes in the Uninstall Choices, I ran the uninstall and the program STILL kept my "old" Scheduled Backups and etc. Anyway, I just manually changed them and ran a Scheduled Backup of my Files and Data. The backup indicated that it completed successfully, but the Log for the Backup indicated 6 ESENT Error Events which I have attached. I do not understand the meaning of the messages and would appreciate your help. Thanks, Mike.

Attachments
Log for FilesData Backup.txt (4 views, 9.00 KB)
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
rburdeshaw - 30 December 2017 5:43 PM
rburdeshaw - 22 December 2017 1:59 AM

Nick,

I was trying to get as clean a Macrium Reflect installation as possible as Keith mentioned earlier on the 12/20. However, after ticking all 4 boxes in the Uninstall Choices, I ran the uninstall and the program STILL kept my "old" Scheduled Backups and etc. Anyway, I just manually changed them and ran a Scheduled Backup of my Files and Data. The backup indicated that it completed successfully, but the Log for the Backup indicated 6 ESENT Error Events which I have attached. I do not understand the meaning of the messages and would appreciate your help. Thanks, Mike.

Thanks for getting back. As your image was created successfully then there are no problems with the snapshot or image. 

Those ESENT events aren't related to the backup. If you go to the Windows Event viewer do you see these same errors at other times?

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-help/37155-esent-event-id-474-database-page-cache-error.html

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...