Disk 0 ?

Author
shoobee
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I ran my Macrium Restore from my USB stick. All looked good but when I started the restore process it stated that it wanted to format  disk 0.
I stopped because I didn't know what to do.  Any ideas?
Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
Disk 0 would be the first (possibly only) internal disk in your system.  When you start the restore process, it's a warning that the current contents of the target disk are going to be wiped as a result of the restore, as opposed to simply adding the restored data to whatever is already there.  It's just making sure you understand that before it proceeds.

Edited 19 December 2017 4:59 PM by jphughan
shoobee
shoobee
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
jphughan - 19 December 2017 4:55 PM
Disk 0 would be the first (possibly only) internal disk in your system.  When you start the restore process, it's a warning that the current contents of the target disk are going to be wiped as a result of the restore, as opposed to simply adding the restored data to whatever is already there.  It's just making sure you understand that before it proceeds.

Thank you for your reply.
Sounds good it I can't start my computer. I think I'm going to set up some folders for restore or could I do more disks?
Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
I'm not sure what you mean with your questions.  If you're restoring an entire disk and you saw a warning that the disk was going to be erased, it means you're restoring an image backup (rather than a File & Folder backup), and it isn't possible to restore an image backup into a folder.  You can browse image backups and copy individual files and folders from that backup into some other folder, but that's not an actual restore.  And I don't know what you mean about doing more disks.

shoobee
shoobee
jphughan - 19 December 2017 5:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean with your questions.  If you're restoring an entire disk and you saw a warning that the disk was going to be erased, it means you're restoring an image backup (rather than a File & Folder backup), and it isn't possible to restore an image backup into a folder.  You can browse image backups and copy individual files and folders from that backup into some other folder, but that's not an actual restore.  And I don't know what you mean about doing more disks.

I fly online and all that data is stored on another disk. Can I set up a restore for that disk only or since its all one folder just backup that folder?

And can I create that folder backup using Maxcium?

Thanks

shoobee
shoobee
shoobee - 19 December 2017 6:15 PM
jphughan - 19 December 2017 5:23 PM

I fly online and all that data is stored on another disk. Can I set up a restore for that disk only or since its all one folder just backup that folder?

And can I create that folder backup using Maxcium?

Thanks

I found the answers to my questions by reading the manual. Imagine that..lol
Thanks again
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
You're welcome!  And as I'm sure you found, yes Reflect supports File & Folder backups if that's the only data you need.  However, a File & Folder backup of course would NOT allow you to restore your entire operating system, even if you backed up the entire C drive as a File & Folder backup -- but if you only care about that one folder, then that's definitely the way to go. Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...