Forgot to uninstall Macrium Reflect now it says license key is in use anyway to deregister it next...

Forgot to uninstall Macrium Reflect now it says license key is in use...
Author
max2
Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Macrium Reflect is complaining whenever I use any of the 4 of my keys that they are in use still I believe. It still let me use them but I am worried. I haven't used them on more than 4 computers.

Please help.

Is there anyway to deregister a license from a computer if I forgot to uninstall Macrium Reflect from the previous Windows 10 installation ? It is on the same computer. Just different windows install.
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)
I had this problem when I first got started with Reflect. The license was purchased for a new server installation that would be replacing an existing server. The migration had some major problems that required me to rebuild the new server TWICE over the weekend the transition was to occur — so I ended up installing Reflect 3 times on the same server, before I knew about deactivating a key, although even if I’d known, I might have assumed that it would have recognized the same hardware automatically just as Windows activation does. Anyhow, the result was that I got an email from Macrium Licensing about multiple activations. I replied explaining what happened, so they simply reset my license on their end and had me activate my license again on the new installation (evidently their reset can invalidate any existing activations?), and then all was well.
Edited 17 December 2017 4:54 AM by jphughan
et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)
For further clarification. 

To download and install the latest version of Macrium Reflect, get and run the Download Agent available from: https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/reflectdlfull.exe In the dialog which appears select 'Full Software' and enter your version 7 license key then click on 'Download'....

You can also use this Download Agent for version 6 licenses which have not been upgraded to version 7.

You are allowed to transfer a license key to another computer for legitimate upgrade and replacement purposes but first you will need to remove the license key from the old computer by following tutorial: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Removing+your+License+key+when+Upgrading+your+PC

If you are unable to remove the license key from the old computer, such as because it is beyond use, then send an e-mail to licensing (at) macrium.com quoting your license key and a description of your problem and ask for the license to be reset.

Hope this helps

Regards et
Edited 17 December 2017 10:06 PM by et_and_family
Dreamer2004
Dreamer2004
Talented Member
Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)Talented Member (166 reputation)
Anyway, this too strict a procedure might result in using a cracked version, which is also available. Just a cautious reminder. I paid for it because it's a superior product in the business.

Edited 17 December 2017 10:14 PM by Dreamer2004
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)
Too strict? Needing to deactivate a license on a PC before transferring it is hardly strict, certainly not unreasonably so, and the process itself is easy. And as anyone who spends time on this forum is already aware, Macrium support is very responsive for any issues that arise.
et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)
I agree with jphughan, The idea that a separate license key is required for each computer is not unreasonable. Macrium do allow the license key to be transferred to another computer for legitimate upgrade and replacement purposes whereas some software suppliers do not allow this for example OEM software.
Edited 17 December 2017 11:19 PM by et_and_family
max2
max2
Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)Junior Member (89 reputation)
I wish they had live chat!

Virginia McGovern
Virginia McGovern
Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)
Perhaps an option in the near future is having a MR account where you can access your key/s & be able to deactivate a key from there.
jphughan
jphughan
max2 - 18 December 2017 4:00 AM
I wish they had live chat!

I believe they do for business customers that have premium support.  For everyone else, their response times on this forum and via email come pretty close.

Virginia McGovern - 18 December 2017 12:42 PM
Perhaps an option in the near future is having a MR account where you can access your key/s & be able to deactivate a key from there.

You can always access your keys here, but yes I suppose self-serve deactivation could be convenient.  On the other hand, have you ended up stuck for a long period of time while waiting for Macrium Licensing to do that for you after you contacted them?

Edited 18 December 2017 1:43 PM by jphughan
Virginia McGovern
Virginia McGovern
Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)
Not had a problem yet which required resetting the license but I have with other software (MalwareBytes) & it takes several days for them to reply to support requests.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...