SERIOUS TROUBLE WITH A CLONE NOT REPLACING ITSELF, BUT WITH SYSTEM RESERVED INSTEAD!

Author
Lidarose
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've a serious problem with the last clone I made, (directly AFTER making an Image on my EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, using Macrium Reflect), and I've now lost the cloned drive completely!

The clone, instead of turning up on my INTERNAL extra "F" Drive as usual, didn't clone, and instead, I now have a folder called "SYSTEM RESERVED" on my "E" Drive, and Macrium's not giving me any other drive option to "Select A Disk To Clone To", when I try to clone back to my internal "F" Drive, as before! (No "F" drive option), only offering the "E" drive, upon which now sits "System Reserved"!

I did forget to turn back ON their new "MACRIUM IMAGE GUARDIAN" feature, BEFORE making this last clone.
(This new feature automatically protects your local backup drives from accidental deletion and Ransomware and you can turn it on and off via their "Other Task" option tab. I couldn't  delete a previous older image on my hard drive, without turning this feature off, and forgot to re-enable it, although I'm not sure it's necessary to be on for cloning). 

Could this have had anything to do with why Macrium didn't clone to my regular INTERNAL hard drive "F", as always before, since I forgot to turn GUARDIAN back on before making my clone.

Now, when I try to make another clone, the only drive option it's giving me is that "System Reserved "E" Drive, and no other choices of drives. so I'm afraid to try and clone over the "System Reserved "E" Drive, as I don't know what it is, how it got there, or what it will do to my PC if I attempt to clone over it!

Does any know if Macrium will make an exact clone of my "C" Drive over this new "System Reserved "E" Drive, if I choose IT as the drive to clone to, and overwrite "System Reserved" on it???

Would someone please help me STAT, as I must have a clone on this PC...

WIN 7, SP1. Macrium Reflect Home Edition, V. 7.1., Build 2768 (latest)
:'(
Thank you,
Lida 

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)
It might help to post the log of your most recent clone job. But the way you’re using some terms interchangeably/ambiguously is also creating some confusion. “Drive” can mean “partition” or “disk” in general usage, but those two terms are not interchangeable in this situation, so it’s best not to use the word “drive”. Are you trying to clone the entire DISK that contains your Windows PARTITION? If so, what DISKS do you have available as possible targets in Reflect? A screenshot may be helpful here.

As for System Reserved, that may be the tiny MSR partition that’s required on all disks that use the GPT partition layout. But here again it would probably be helpful to post a screenshot, this time of Reflect’s “Create a backup” tab since that will show all of the disks that Reflect sees and what their current partition configuration is. Then you can indicate which disk is your desired clone target.
Edited 16 December 2017 3:57 PM by jphughan
Lidarose
Lidarose
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
jphughan - 16 December 2017 3:54 PM
It might help to post the log of your most recent clone job. But the way you’re using some terms interchangeably/ambiguously is also creating some confusion. “Drive” can mean “partition” or “disk” in general usage, but those two terms are not interchangeable in this situation, so it’s best not to use the word “drive”. Are you trying to clone the entire DISK that contains your Windows PARTITION? If so, what DISKS do you have available as possible targets in Reflect? A screenshot may be helpful here.

As for System Reserved, that may be the tiny MSR partition that’s required on all disks that use the GPT partition layout. But here again it would probably be helpful to post a screenshot, this time of Reflect’s “Create a backup” tab since that will show all of the disks that Reflect sees and what their current partition configuration is. Then you can indicate which disk is your desired clone target.

How do I post a screen shot on this forum?  I'm new here...but I do have screen shots of the problem on my hard drive..
Lidarose
Lidarose
Lidarose - 16 December 2017 4:00 PM
jphughan - 16 December 2017 3:54 PM

How do I post a screen shot on this forum?  I'm new here...but I do have screen shots of the problem on my hard drive..

Yes, I'm trying to clone my entire C Drive or Disk as you call it
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.6K reputation)
Assuming you’re using a desktop browser, click the Insert button underneath the text box where you write posts and click Insert Image. I don’t know if there’s a way to do it from a mobile device browser.
Lidarose
Lidarose

Lidarose
Lidarose
All I need to know is if it is safe to try and do a clone over this E:\System Reserved.  I understand that it will probably change the location of my clone to the "E" Drive, rather than the "F" Drive as previously...

Appreciating your prompt response, I remain,
Lida
Lidarose
Lidarose
Trying to get this board to email me your responses...
Lida
Lidarose
Lidarose
Lidarose - 16 December 2017 4:29 PM
Trying to get this board to email me your responses...
Lida

I don't know where to access this log about which you speak...
Lida
jphughan
jphughan
Please post a screenshot showing the view of all of your disks inside Reflect, specifically the “Create a backup” tab as I mentioned originally. Seeing an E volume in the view you posted tells me nothing about what physical disk it lives on.

The log files are accessed by clicking the Log tab in the upper-left corner of Reflect, next to the Backup and Restore tabs. I’d post a screenshot myself but I’m on my phone away from my PC at the moment.
Edited 16 December 2017 4:43 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...