Failure to Install Patch

Author
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was notified that an update was available to my MR 7.1.2722 version. The newer version is 7.1.2768. Downloaded the update with no issues but the installation fails with "Error 104: Failed to Patch File".  Please note that this same error occurred a few weeks ago when I was trying to apply the .2722 patch.  At that time, helpful forum members provided a link to the full installer which installed fine.  Looks like I may a link to this newer version but I am curious why this is happening with each new patch issued.

Desktop:  Windows 10 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2817
Laptop:    Windows 8.1 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2801

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
capair45 - 13 December 2017 11:35 AM
I was notified that an update was available to my MR 7.1.2722 version. The newer version is 7.1.2768. Downloaded the update with no issues but the installation fails with "Error 104: Failed to Patch File".  Please note that this same error occurred a few weeks ago when I was trying to apply the .2722 patch.  At that time, helpful forum members provided a link to the full installer which installed fine.  Looks like I may a link to this newer version but I am curious why this is happening with each new patch issued.

Thanks for posting.  Sorry you are having problems. 

Do you possibly have a scheduled task running?  In any case, check to make sure not and reboot and try again.  Let us know how you get on. 

If you still get a failure then you can download the full installer by following the instructions here:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+Macrium+Reflect

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 13 December 2017 11:45 AM by Nick
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)Proficient Member (217 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Nick - 13 December 2017 11:42 AM
capair45 - 13 December 2017 11:35 AM

Thanks for posting.  Sorry you are having problems. 

Do you possibly have a scheduled task running?  In any case, check to make sure not and reboot and try again.  Let us know how you get on. 

If you still get a failure then you can download the full installer by following the instructions here:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+Macrium+Reflect

Thanks for the quick help!  No scheduled tasks running at the time of downloading / patching.  I rebooted the computer and attempted installing the patch with the same failure message.  Using the link you provided, the updated version was successfully installed.
For me, this is not a big issue as long as there is a way to get updates installed.  Just curious as why this is happening.  I haven't seen other posts from users with this issue so I assume it must be my machine.

Desktop:  Windows 10 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2817
Laptop:    Windows 8.1 x64 / Macrium Reflect 7.1.2801

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...