Show sizes in restore view

Author
art
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi! Thanks for saving my files on more than one occasion.
It would be helpful to include file size in the image info under the restore view, as I find myself switching between Reflect and an explorer window pretty frequently (see pic below).

Cheers,
-Art

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Out of curiosity, what's the use case for seeing the size of the backup file itself within Reflect?  Trying to see how much storage you can free up by deleting backups manually?

art
art
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
jphughan - 12 December 2017 12:40 AM
Out of curiosity, what's the use case for seeing the size of the backup file itself within Reflect?  Trying to see how much storage you can free up by deleting backups manually?

Not quite that, it helps to see how much full/diff/incr backups take up when I'm setting up a backup schedule or folder exclusions.
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
Ah ok.  Well in the meantime, I'm not sure if this would be easier, but the log files that Reflect generates with each job (accessible under the Log tab) include the size of the file that the job generated, right next to the file name.  See below -- make sure you look at the circled figure representing the file size, not the figure higher up in the log representing how much data was backed up, since the latter doesn't take compression into account.

Edited 12 December 2017 1:49 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...