Rescue Media Hangs

Author
tmjc
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I created new Rescue Media on DVD with v6.3 64-bit on Win 7 and it is hanging at "Windows is loading files...." when I attempt to test it. The progress bar appears to be completed. I have waited several minutes and there is no change. I did try different media and two different DVD players, just to make sure, and the results are the same. Any thoughts on how to proceed from this point to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
If you're getting stuck at "Windows is loading files", that's before Reflect even comes into play; that's just the core WinPE environment that Reflect downloads straight from Microsoft.  What version of WinPE did you select when you built the Rescue Media?  If you're not sure, go to the Create Rescue Media wizard and click "Change PE Version" on the first page.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
Also, this may or may not apply to you, but since you mentioned in another thread that your PC is assembled from components, the BIOS change I mentioned in this post of another thread about WinPE startup issues might be worth looking for.

Edited 7 December 2017 3:06 PM by jphughan
tmjc
tmjc
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Thank you for the replies! As a last resort I did a BIOS update and lo & behold, the Rescue Media now works. I prefer not doing BIOS updates, but tried it in the slim hope it may help. Thanks again for eh assistance!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...