Uninstall problem

Author
tcebob
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I'm trying to uninstall Macrium Reflect but am stumped by the above message. How do I find and dismount the mounted volumes? A glimpse at Disk Management (win 10) shows:
Disk 0 partition 1
Disk 0 partition 3
Recovery (DSmile
Recovery (DSmile --yes, there are two of them.
Windows (CSmile

tcebob
tcebob
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
PS: how do I get rid of the smilies?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
I haven't seen that error before, but I'm guessing mounted volumes pertains to backups that you've mounted as virtual disks to browse.  The simplest solution is probably to just restart your PC, but if you'd rather avoid that, open Reflect, go the Restore tab, and under Restore Task, click the "Detach" option and choose to detach any mounted backups.

In terms of the smiley faces, that's just a consequence of entering a colon followed by a close parens; lots of applications convert certain strings like that into smiley faces.  The workaround I guess would be to add a space between the two characters that trigger the smiley.

Edited 4 December 2017 2:17 AM by jphughan
tcebob
tcebob
Just a test:
Drive C:\.

tcebob
tcebob
Thanks again! There was a drive E: which did not appear on Disk Management. It did show up on Total Commander but I didn't look there. Removing it with Macrium worked.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...