Unable to install Reflect V7 Home on brand new W 10 Home 64-bit machine

Author
AnotherStephenG
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I own a 4-seat family license. I just obtained a new PC (Dell W 10 Home 64-bit). I used the download agent to enter an unused key and the field turned green, which I assume meant the agent recognized the key as valid for the install. The download completed and created a setup file and a file named pe10_1607x64.zip.

When I attempt to run v7.1.2722_reflect_home_setup_x64.exe I immediately get a Windows message: "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher", and a "Close" button. 

Have I downloaded the wrong install package? I don't want to do any further installation or customization until I can first use Reflect to generate a "clean" image.
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
You're definitely not doing anything wrong on your end.  Some quick Googling suggests that Windows SmartScreen may be the culprit here.  The latest build of Reflect was released relatively recently, so maybe that's causing a false positive there?  Or I wonder if Macrium may have changed their code signing certificate recently, which could cause the same result since SmartScreen defaults not to trusting brand new code signers until they've been seen widely enough to be trusted.  If you haven't already, one thing you can try would be to update your Windows Defender definition files to see if that causes Windows to stop interfering with the Reflect setup application.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
AnotherStephenG - 3 December 2017 5:21 AM
I own a 4-seat family license. I just obtained a new PC (Dell W 10 Home 64-bit). I used the download agent to enter an unused key and the field turned green, which I assume meant the agent recognized the key as valid for the install. The download completed and created a setup file and a file named pe10_1607x64.zip.

When I attempt to run v7.1.2722_reflect_home_setup_x64.exe I immediately get a Windows message: "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher", and a "Close" button. 

Have I downloaded the wrong install package? I don't want to do any further installation or customization until I can first use Reflect to generate a "clean" image.

Hi

To check whether the download has been corrupted and invalidated the digital signature can you see this KB article:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Confirming+that+Macrium+download+is+genuine

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

AnotherStephenG
AnotherStephenG
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
I decided to try Nick's suggestion first. The file properties had no Digital Signatures tab so I deleted the original download and tried it again. Success!

Thank you both @jphughan and @Nick for your responses.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...