Improve logoff while backup is running

Author
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I support a Windows Server 2016 box running Reflect 7.1.2722.  The server seldom has anyone logged on interactively, but I've noticed that if a job started while no one was logged on and I log on while the backup is still running, then logging off isn't totally smooth.  When I choose to sign out, Windows informs me that it's waiting for ReflectUI to close before logging off, and that doesn't seem to close on its own.  I can click "Sign out anyway" to log off successfully, and that does not disrupt the backup, but that's still not ideal.  Additionally, I tried clicking Cancel to return to my session in the hopes that I could somehow close that application manually, and when I right-clicked the Reflect Monitor system tray icon, I did see a Close option, but that didn't seem to do anything at all.  Can that Close option either be set to actually exit the Reflect Monitor system tray application or else be removed if it can't be made functional, and ideally can ReflectUI close automatically when a user attempts to log off?

RayG
RayG
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)Advanced Member (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would perhaps like to add to this that if a backup is running it would perhaps be a good idea that the system is protected from someone issuing a shutdown command. If they do the shutdown should wait until any running backup has completed. If the user wants to abort the backup using the "cancel" option available in reflect that is their choice - can reflect capture the shutdown command, cancel it, then ask the user if they really want to cancel the running job, if they do then the job should be canceled and the shutdown initiated. If they don't want to cancel the job but wait until completion then the option to shutdown when the job completes should be set.

There is also the issue of queued jobs. Perhaps the user should also be informed of all backup instances that are currently running or queued and asked for a decision based on that list.

Regards
RayG
Windows10 X64 V1709 B16299.192 MR v7.1.2833

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...