Backup aborted! - Open file failed - See Rest of Message in Text

Author
lagunasrfr
New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Backup aborted! - Open file failed - F:\Macrium Backup\hp\91ACC60523A46849-19-19.mrimg - Error - Macrium Image Guardian Protected Volume
Getting this error now after uninstalling and reinstalling MR Home. Getting for incremental and full.
Cannot find menu option to turn Guardian off if that's what I need to do..
Don't know what to do now. Please help.
Edited 22 November 2017 2:31 PM by lagunasrfr
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.9K reputation)
You actually need to turn Image Guardian ON in this case.  This behavior could be residue from earlier releases where a bug meant that turning Image Guardian off actually put it into a weird state where it was still protecting things and would also cause this error when even Reflect tried to modify image files, even though Image Guardian is always supposed to allow Reflect. So first off, make sure you're on the latest build, which was released yesterday, and restart if prompted to do so after updating.  Then the Image Guardian settings are under Other Tasks > Macrium Image Guardian settings.  Even if you want to keep it off going forward, try turning it back on and then turning it off after having updated to the version that fixes the bug I just mentioned -- but Reflect normally can create backups just fine while Image Guardian is enabled.

Edited 22 November 2017 3:42 PM by jphughan
lagunasrfr
lagunasrfr
New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)
Think it might be solved. I had to uninstall MR, checking remove settings!. I had previously been uninstalling leaving settings. When I reinstalled I found, after trial and error, I had to allow MIG. Now I am running an image backup. Wouldn't do an incremental because it wanted to start with a new full ...00-00.mring file. Will report back on outcome. Thanks for help.

UPDATE:Full and incremental ran ok. Afraid to mess with the MIG thing so I'll just leave it on.
Edited 22 November 2017 4:18 PM by lagunasrfr
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...