Updates 7.1.2722 and 7.1.2722 Ended with Error "Cannot delete target file mrigflt.sys"

Updates 7.1.2722 and 7.1.2722 Ended with Error "Cannot delete target...
Author
lagunasrfr
New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Don't think the update took because I can retry the update and get error each time.
Thanks
lagunasrfr
lagunasrfr
New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)
Title should read Updates 7.1.2718 and 7.1.2722 ....
GTK48
GTK48
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Works for me

lagunasrfr
lagunasrfr
GTK48 - 21 November 2017 2:16 PM
Works for me

I deleted the .sys file and reran the update. It completed with "success."
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
That's a MIG driver file.  There have been a few reports of errors about updating MIG-related files when installing patches (usually MIGService.exe, I believe), but no determination of common underlying cause yet. Glad you're sorted though.

GTK48
GTK48
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Thanks for all of your help.

rlcronin
rlcronin
Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)
I had this same issue. I booted in safe mode with networking and re-ran it and it worked fine. It might be related to me not having installed MIG. 

--
bc
GTK48
GTK48
Tried that the latest update fixed it for me

rlcronin
rlcronin
Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)Junior Member (64 reputation)
I repeated the install attempt on 2 more machines that also did not have the MIG installed (I deselected it as an install option in the original install on all my machines) and got the same error. So perhaps the new installer just presumes that MIG is installed and is tripping over itself on machines where it is not

--
bc
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
So just to confirm:

- Before you even tried to install the update, MIG was not installed on your system, correct? Or did you have it installed and try to remove it as part of installing the update by unchecking it there?

- Did you see this error when updating using the full installer where you unchecked MIG? Or did you see this error when updating using the patch routine that gets initiated from within Reflect and does not offer any options to customize the installed components?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...