Schedule editing problem

Author
JohnF
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I select a backup definition file to edit and click on "edit schedule" I see the error message "please select only one schedule"
As far as I can see that is all I have done. Why am I getting this error message?
TIA
John

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
The only way I can reproduce this is if I select multiple schedule entries by holding the Ctrl key while clicking them, or if I select zero schedule entries by clicking in the white space to ensure that nothing is highlighted.  If I have only one entry highlighted as shown below, it works as expected.  If you're seeing something different, can you screenshot your schedule window as it appears immediately before you click Edit Schedule and trigger that message?

Edited 19 November 2017 4:00 PM by jphughan
JohnF
JohnF
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Thank you for your reply.
I have deleted the definition file to create a new one but after I have created the schedule and click on 'Finish' I get this message.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong please?  Other schedules I have made have not shown that.,
TIA
John

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.1K reputation)
I've never seen that error before and have no idea what it may mean, but Macrium support reps that are on these forums likely will when they see this.  In the meantime though, it may be helpful to post a screenshot of the schedule you're trying to use, as well as the version of Reflect you're running, the version of Windows you're running, and (just in case it matters) the name of any third-party anti-virus solutions you may have installed.  For Windows 10, the specific build version may be helpful, which you can find by opening Command Prompt, typing "winver", and checking the second line of text.

Edited 19 November 2017 8:19 PM by jphughan
JohnF
JohnF
Thank you again for your prompt reply.
Currently I have Macrium v7.1.2697 (UEFI)
I have just downloaded the setup file from Macrium website and will try reinstalling the program.
I am using Windows 10 v. 1511 (OS Build 10.586 .1176)
My anti virus is Kaspersky and have never had problems like this before, but perhaps I have never wanted to edit a backup file before.
Thank you again.
John

UPDATE: I installed Reflect from a new download but see the same error message.  I hope someone from Macrium reads this.

Edited 19 November 2017 8:33 PM by JohnF
jphughan
jphughan
If the error only occurs when you try to save a particular schedule, then a screenshot of the schedule you're attempting might still be useful.  And if anti-virus turns out to be the cause, the fact that you've never had an issue before doesn't mean you couldn't have one now, even if you HAD successfully edited backup files before.  Macrium occasionally updates Reflect, and AV is constantly being updated with new definition files and scanning engines, so it's certainly possible that the current combination of your Reflect version and AV component versions aren't playing well together.  For example, this recent thread mentions that a recent Reflect patch triggered a malware warning from Windows Defender.  Macrium confirmed that it was a false positive (i.e. their patch program hadn't been infected to start actually distributing malware, which did actually happen with applications like CCleaner and Handbrake recently!), so it appears that a recent Windows Defender update triggered the issue.

Edited 19 November 2017 8:35 PM by jphughan
JohnF
JohnF
Thank you again for your reply jphughan.
Kaspersky has never given me problems like this but as I have not tried to edit a definition file before it is possible that Kaspersky is the problem.
I do not use Windows Defender as I rely on Kaspersky for my virus defence.
In the absence of any comment from Macrium (WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU) I must try to solve the problem myself.
Cheers
John

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
JohnF - 20 November 2017 9:20 AM
Thank you again for your reply jphughan.
Kaspersky has never given me problems like this but as I have not tried to edit a definition file before it is possible that Kaspersky is the problem.
I do not use Windows Defender as I rely on Kaspersky for my virus defence.
In the absence of any comment from Macrium (WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU) I must try to solve the problem myself.
Cheers
John

Hi John

This error is being returned by the Task Scheduler sub system. Can you confirm whether you are able to setup any scheduled task using the Windows Task Scheduler UI?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

JohnF
JohnF
Thank you Nick.
I have never used the Task Scheduler before but I created a simple task which did not run when I set it to but did when I ran it manually.
My Macrium backups run when they are supposed.
Thanks
John

JohnF
JohnF
Having played about with Windows Scheduler, not really knowing what I was doing, I edited a backup definition file again and it was accepted without a problem.
You tell me :-)
John

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...