Trojan Win32/Fuery.Alcl Detected during update

Author
Seekforever
Expert
Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Got the above trojan detection from Windows Defender on W10 while trying to update Reflect with the latest version in file reflectPatch.exe. The update failed probably because the reflectpatch.exe file got quarantined before it could get going.
I suspect this is a false positive but I do have to wonder.
Anybody seen this?
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Seekforever - 17 November 2017 8:52 PM
Got the above trojan detection from Windows Defender on W10 while trying to update Reflect with the latest version in file reflectPatch.exe. The update failed probably because the reflectpatch.exe file got quarantined before it could get going.
I suspect this is a false positive but I do have to wonder.
Anybody seen this?

Hi

Thanks for posting. 

It's a false positive and seems to affect the latest insider preview build of Windows. Are you running a released or preview version of Windows?

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 17 November 2017 9:15 PM by Nick
Seekforever
Seekforever
Expert
Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)Expert (717 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply.
Released version and not even the latest.
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1703
OS Build 15063.726
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...