Switching computers the Management Console is on

Author
Phoenix2683
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
So I originally put the management console on a workstation laptop rather than the server. It is the computer I work from, but whenever I take it out of the office the backups don't run. So I am going to move it to the Server. 

My question is, what is the best way to do this. If I just install the console on the server will I have to set up everything again? Put in the licenses, set up the definitions and repositories, or can I somehow transfer the console intact from one to another?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)Macrium Representative (92 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Phoenix2683 - 17 November 2017 1:42 PM
So I originally put the management console on a workstation laptop rather than the server. It is the computer I work from, but whenever I take it out of the office the backups don't run. So I am going to move it to the Server. 

My question is, what is the best way to do this. If I just install the console on the server will I have to set up everything again? Put in the licenses, set up the definitions and repositories, or can I somehow transfer the console intact from one to another?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

All the configuration files for Site Manager are contained in the "c:\programdata\Macrium\SiteManager" folder. To migrate, you can install Site Manager on the server, stop the relevant services, copy all the config files over then restart the service. It should restart with all your settings, definitions, repositories and event logs from the old installation.

There is a Knowledgebase article with detailed instructions here

Please note that the folder is also used by the Site Manager Agent, so you may get some warnings about files in use when you copy the folder across. You can safely skip these files or stop the "Macrium Agent Service" service before the copy. This can be done with the command line command "sc stop MacriumAgentService" and started again once the copy has finished with the command "sc start MacriumAgentService". 

Regards,
Alex Stevenson
Macrium Software

Edited 17 November 2017 4:11 PM by Alex
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...