reflect update v7.1.297 failed

Author
Carmen Priola
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When installing the update it failed with the following message:
Failed to patch file:C:\program files\macrium\common\service.com
What should I do?
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Follow the instructions on this page to retrieve the download agent so that you can download a full installer rather than just the patch.  To save some time, after you open the download manager, click Options and change the selection to "Reflect installer only" since you don't need the PE Components for this purpose and they're quite large: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+Macrium+Reflect

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Side note: I see release notes for 7.1.2697 on the release notes page, and the download agent will retrieve 2697, but when I click Check for Updates on two separate systems that are currently running 7.1.2695, they both say "No updates found"....

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jphughan - 11 November 2017 3:58 AM
Side note: I see release notes for 7.1.2697 on the release notes page, and the download agent will retrieve 2697, but when I click Check for Updates on two separate systems that are currently running 7.1.2695, they both say "No updates found"....

Hi

If you are currently running a version earlier than 2695 then it'll patch to 2697, however, 2695 is only patched to 2697 for German language non Free Edition installs of Reflect.

We're trying to reduce the number of unnecessary patches as the only change in 2697 from 2695 is a German UI bug fix in the MIG settings dialog. 

You can always force a patch to 2697 from 2695 by changing the language to German, but there won't be any functional change for the English version.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 11 November 2017 10:38 AM by Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...